[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Verne

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

Do you rate Jules Verne?
>>
>>8802736
No but I do rape him.
>>
>>8802831
Typical anglo.
>>
shitty shit for shitter
>>
>>8802736

Very influential, and his work stands up far better than H.G. Wells'. Nemo is a great character
>>
>>8802736
Lovely.
>>
>>8802736
Boring and scientifically inaccurate shit. Relies heavily on retarded characters to drive the plot. Wells is better.
>>
>>8802736
i saved a pdf of 20k lieues on my phone to practice reading french when im waiting around places.
>>
File: what I got 20,000.png (1011KB, 1600x600px) Image search: [Google]
what I got 20,000.png
1011KB, 1600x600px
>>8802736
>>
>>8803971
>didn't predict nuclear submarines, only electric ones
your crying is scientifically inaccurate
>>
>>8802736
Not bad, not one of the greats either. Characters are a bit retarded from time to time. Above average - good.
>>
He's fun, his passage with the MC hopelessly floundering in in the darkness in the bowels of the Earth really stuck out to me.

But that said, Wells is better, The Time Machine is the GOAT and The Invisible Man makes for some great coemdy
>>
The video game "80 Days" is actually better than "Around the World in 80 Days"
>>
>>8803971
>science fiction writer not following science
yeah what a fcuking loser amirite
>>
>>8804812
What type of game is it?
>>
>>8806618
It's a narrative-based game written in the style of "Around the World in 80 Days" with minimal strategic elements that are present enough to be engaging without taking over the experience. You play from the perspective of Passpartout, making travel arrangements for and taking care of Monsieur Fogg. Many of the decisions you make require careful consideration and roleplaying along these lines. This description really doesn't do it justice, but it's probably the most fun I've had playing a video game. Also you can take all sorts of different routes so it's very replayable. 10/10 game would recommend.
>>
>>8806638
Well, gonna check it out then.
>>
>>8806638
I second this, had some of the best writing I've ever seen in a game so far
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.