[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me think of the right word

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1480280692215.jpg (518KB, 1920x1249px) Image search: [Google]
1480280692215.jpg
518KB, 1920x1249px
I am trying to convey the relationship between perception and [insert word here].

[Insert word here] would be a verb for the act of giving off the qualities that are being perceived.

For example: I am perceiving your sadness. You are emitting/transmitting/etc.? sadness.

Not emoting. I'm talking about giving off the qualities of something.

Please help!
>>
Exude? Emanate?
>>
>>8795501
Thanks for the response.

I don't think emanate hits the mark though, but exude is closer though. Here is the sentence to give you a better idea of the context. Forgive the douchey topic, it's a graduate skills course paper.

"In a negotiation, both sides are perceiving and transmitting. It is a good negotiator’s objective to actively perceive and discreetly transmit in order to effectively manipulate the outcome."

Basically, I'm trying to say that you need to be conscious of how you are being perceived.
>>
>>8795515
You should really rewrite that cause it sounds fucking stupid and empty
>perceiving what? transmitting what?
>if manipulation depends on transmission, why should one actively perceive?
>>
>>8795473
Radiate?
>>
>>8795473
To impart.
>>
>>8795764
alternatively, to evoke. Rather than giving off the qualities, you could argue you are arousing those qualities in the other party. In that sense evocation would be a better word.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.