[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ethica, Ordine Geometrico Demonstrata

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: ethica.jpg (346KB, 1406x2000px) Image search: [Google]
ethica.jpg
346KB, 1406x2000px
Now certainly pic related takes tremendous effort to read and understand, but once the entire picture takes shape and slowly sharpens at every rereading and reflection you know you're dealing with a thing of great beauty; the culmination of decades of rationalist philosophy and an unmistakable highlight in Western philosophy, as far as I'm concerned. The parsimony, simplicity, yet seamless interconnection between metaphysics, political philosophy, ethics, philosophy of mind, philososophy of religion, and epistemology reaches heights of intellectual satisfaction that, I dare to say, aren't to be found anywhere else. Anyone ever tried to tame the beast; if so - how'd you like it?
>>
The greatest single work of philosophy
>>
>>8794551
I tried this summer. It would take me a long time to understand each proof, but once everything falls into place it is extremely satisfying. I eventually slacked off for a week and forgot too much to just jump back in.
>>
>>8794555
this is not really such a crazy idea to think about

i can't imagine /lit/ getting budged off the neetch but if they did this would be my pick

good call anon and cheers op, /lit/ delivers
>>
>>8794551
Robotic, but beautiful. Too mechanistic but beautiful. It was just as fun as reading Critique of Pure Reason desu. Too bad his opinions on aesthetics were boring and uninspiring. Badass philosopher that I think about daily. His opinions on the necessity of nature still haunt my thoughts to this day.
>>
>>8794551
spinoza is full of shit
>>
>>8796352
please tell me this was title of a paper you wrote in grad school
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.