[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pride and Prejudice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

After years of putting this book off due to it being the "girly" book par excellence I finally caved in and read this.

Having finished it though I gotta ask: Why does every woman love Mr Darcy? Everytime I speak to someone who's read this book they fawn over Darcy.

Is it just because he's a jerk with some good qualities? Is it the money? I'm seriously puzzled by every woman's love for this guy.

Does anyone have any idea as to why?
>>
women's main sexual goal is a man who feels dangerous and powerful (cocky/abusive/rich) but also gets society's approval (so an Austen character)

it's why they love Snape in fiction but would never in a million years love anything like Snape in real life. Snape the character has society's approval whereas Snape in real life would be an off-putting alcoholic
>>
>>8794531
And what women are "decent" nowadays? (Not to imply that women were ever "decent").

Show me a woman that does not wield her sexual beauty as a weapon or a bargaining chip. Show me a woman that values a man for the passion in his heart. Show me a woman who believes that restraint is among the highest of human virtues. Show me a woman whose selectiveness is not an act to be played on and off as a tool of spite.

Show me a woman who actually has a shred of respect for herself in an age of vanity, one who has proven her nobility even in freedom or independence.

I will treat that woman like a queen and carry her on my shoulders so that, in her elevation, she might breath purer air than I. She will have the key to my soul without a single thread attached, and the kindest honey from my tongue whenever I'm awake to give it. (I have only met one such girl out of thousands, and even she eventually fell.)

To any other, I will use as I wish to use (and, more troubling, as they tend to wish to be used). They will play their games until their beauty begins to fail them. Most will go unpunished, marrying the desperate and resourced, and some even continue their debauchery well past the white-veiled date of secret salvation.

I don't believe in hell, so if I can punish a whore by simply playing her game and then beating her at it, I will.
>>
>>8794538
>I will treat that woman like a queen and carry her on my shoulders so that, in her elevation, she might breath purer air than I. She will have the key to my soul without a single thread attached, and the kindest honey from my tongue whenever I'm awake to give it.

But women don't want that. I bet no woman cares about the part where Darcy helps Lydia. That's the least of his attractiveness. They don't want someone to treat them right. They want the cocky asshole who seems distant but actually has a heart of gold. Why you'd believe woman would want you to be a gentleman is beyond me.
>>
>>8794538
This is where people normally post young males with characteristic heads. Given how often nowadays you see this topic discussed in all of 4chan, I'm surprised about what you write.
>>
File: lurk more, newfag.png (81KB, 1339x421px) Image search: [Google]
lurk more, newfag.png
81KB, 1339x421px
>>8794538
>>8794782
It's copypasta.
>>
>>8794815
I think it's worth thinking about. Decency in the age of vanity.
>>
>>8794845
But all ages have been ages of vanity, you just think this one is more because you want to believe you got the bad end of the deal.
>>
>>8794452
He's a social autist with a heart of gold

People actually do like good people
>>
>>8794538
What if said woman is ugly? Would you still treat her like a queen? And how would you know that she does not wield her sexual beauty as a weapon, when she has no beauty to speak of?
>>
>>8794538
This is why women who don't know they're beautiful are the best.
>>
>>8795018
So you can take advantage of them more easily?
>>
>>8794452
Because women sympathize with a man willing to acknowledge his wrongdoings and and their feedback. "Perhaps you should take the advice of your aunt and practice."
>>
>>8794947
>But all ages have been ages of vanity

You base this on what?
I despise these stupid claims of false moderation, its intellectually bankrupt lazy and leaves you capable of saying nothing. Purely ideological
>>
>>8795081
>Purely ideological
>After that fedora convention of a post
Your issue is that you have spent a ridiculous amount of time on the internet seeing women through /pol9k/'s lens. There are normal women just as there are normal men, but quality people of either gender are hard to find and don't want to spend time with a misanthropic edgelord fag like you.
>>
>>8794452
Personally I liked colonel Brandon Sense and Sensibility the most as an Austen hero when I went through an Austen phase around aged 14. Leaving aside the age gap, which was a bit weird, he was honourable and kind and intelligent. I never liked Mr Darcy, I liked Elizabeth in Pride and Prejudice, mainly because, like me, she spent all her time reading and had a generalised distaste for societal codes of dating (obviously in different eras, but I've never really wanted to be part of hookup culture an the like).
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.