[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

desi authors...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: S2akMKK.png (91KB, 290x326px) Image search: [Google]
S2akMKK.png
91KB, 290x326px
any good books depicting life as a western-bred pajeet?

only one that comes to mind right now is Zadie Smith's White Teeth.

I related a lot with the jews in Mordecai Richler's books for what its worth...
>>
>western-bred Pajeets

Jhumpa Lahiri is your gal. First and second generation Pajeets is her schtic. Try The Namesake.
>>
>>8793688
what are her novels like?
>>
>>8793694
In what way? Generally they deal with muh immigrant experience and generational differences (first gen Indian parents against more Americanized kids). She pretty much just writes about hyper educated upper class Bengalis so shes kind of a one trick pony but it's a good trick. I thought The Namesake was genuinely good.
>>
check out V.S. Naipaul. he was of indian descent but was born in trinidad. then moved to england.

the short story collection "miguel street" is great. also "a house for mr biswas" was pretty good.
>>
Hh hatter
>>
western-bred pajeet here

namesake is good stuff. It feels a lot like Stoner. I can't really think of any other modern (last few decades) lit by fellow poos that hit the spot. If you're itching for some older poo-lit read some Tagore, or some older plays (Shakuntala, How Urvashi was Won). If any fellow-browns be lurking, do yourself a favor and read Panchatantra---you probably read some danku amarchitrakatha as a kid and owe it to yourself to read it properly
>>
Thirding Lahiri. Her short story collection, Interpreter of Maladies, was extremely solid and one of my favorite reads this past year.
>>
>>8794142

>amarchitrakatha

Fuck yeah, that was my jam. Thanks for the rec senpai.
>>
>>8793674
My diary desu
>>
>>8793674
brick lane by monica ali
>>
M.G Vassanji is pretty decen, and if you're not too concerned with the pajeet-ness then Sam Selvon's Londoners books are pretty neat (trinidadian immigrant to london)
>>
Does Salman Rushdie count? What's the official pajeet opinion about him?
>>
>>8795600
That magical realism stuff is overrated, but Midnights Children was okay
>>
Mordecai Richlers books strike a chord with me too, its the same story that a lot of us have experiences. isolated immigrant community member struggling to find identity in Canada (which isn't the most welcoming place).
>>
>>8794142
>not reading the Kathasaritsagara
>>
File: arund1.jpg (18KB, 252x272px) Image search: [Google]
arund1.jpg
18KB, 252x272px
>>8793674
The God of Small Things
>>
>>8796196
a true beauty she was
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.