[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else read pic related? Has it helped you through rough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: 61633LFpDXL.jpg (67KB, 600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
61633LFpDXL.jpg
67KB, 600x1063px
Anyone else read pic related? Has it helped you through rough times in your life?
>>
>>8791122
It sounds like an argument for Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs with self-actualization at the top. You're probably better off reading about Maslow's theory on a website that can provide you with a more succinct argument.
>>
>>8791122
I'm a few dozen pages in.
I hope it can.
>>
>>8791147
>You're probably better off reading about Maslow's theory on a website that can provide you with a more succinct argument.
That's boring as fuck with no personality.
>>
>>8791163
Then just read Nausea or East of Eden.
>>
>>8791185
Or why not man's search for meaning
>>
>>8791187
Because Frankl just wrote a more exciting Maslow's Hierarchy while those two works of fiction actually depict man's struggle and how it relates to the rest of the world.
>>
>>8791201
>those two works of fiction actually depict man's struggle
Yeah I guess you're right. His time in the concentration camps wasn't much of a struggle and didn't shape his views about the world.
>>
>>8791201

>This holocaust novel is just an exciting exposition of Maslow's theories

I legitimately think this sentiment is enough for an autism diagnosis, holy shit.
>>
>>8791230
How does struggling in a concentration camp relate to struggle with meaning? It seems like he was spending a lot of time struggling with the realities of living in a concentration camp.
>>
>>8791244
Have you read the book?
>>
>>8791122
>Anyone else read pic related?
Yes.

>Has it helped you through rough times in your life?
No.
>>
>>8791249
No and after reading about the book I don't want to.
>>
>>8791253
>No

Reminder that these are the people discussing literature with you here.
You have no right to an opinion on a book you haven't read.
>>
>>8791264
How do you decide what to read then? Do you just read the first thing to show up in your recommended books on Goodreads? Why don't you actually do some research and not waste your time reading shitty books?
>>
>>8791122
I love the first half of the book.
Victor gives a fictional first-hand example of the application of logo-therapy. He is in a world called "Auschwitz" during a time called the "holocaust".

Very interesting and creative book.
>>
>>8791274
Of course I look into books before I read them. But I don't go making baseless assumptions about the quality or worthiness of a book until I've actually read it.
OP wanted opinions from people that have read the book. If he wanted the useless garbage you're spewing he could go read the summary or Wikipedia page like you did.
>>
>>8791122
Yes. No. The person who recommended it later shit on me as well, take that for what it's worth.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.