[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Describe your writing style

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 8

File: 20161202_185621.jpg (258KB, 568x800px) Image search: [Google]
20161202_185621.jpg
258KB, 568x800px
Describe your writing style
>>
Dogshit.
>>
Trump tweet. Sad!
>>
Bland and offensively so.
>>
>>8790624
I write prose the only way it should be written, that is, purplish.
>>
if shakespeare was trump, i am jeb.
>>
Smarmy, self-conscious, affected.
>>
>>8790624
Sublime eloquence.
>>
>>8790674
Pence is cute, CUTE
>>
File: cry.jpg (92KB, 819x460px) Image search: [Google]
cry.jpg
92KB, 819x460px
"try-hard"
>>
File: 1462687754928.gif (1MB, 321x350px) Image search: [Google]
1462687754928.gif
1MB, 321x350px
>>8790624
Think of Nabokov, but with even more useless prose.
>>
Switching between minimalism and grandiosity. Sometimes rambling. Obviously influenced by dissociative drug abuse. Cerebral and in touch with a negative capability of great magnitude.
>>
Eclectic and ranged.
>>
like larkin browsed r9k on codeine and lost his ear for good prosody
>>
intelligent, nihilistic, and with a wicked sense of humour
>>
Like a cat in heat trying to convince a tom to mount it.

Here's a sample. Yes, it's very sexy:

>Mmmmrrroooooooooooooooooow! MMmmmmeeeeeeeeeeowwwrrrr. Meeeeowww!
>>
>>8790805
>Switching between minimalism and grandiosity. Sometimes rambling.
I'd go with this too.
>>
Tremulous and faggoty.
>>
>>8790624
bipolar
>>
File: 343.jpg (136KB, 810x858px) Image search: [Google]
343.jpg
136KB, 810x858px
>>8790702
I wonder if Trump picked Pence solely on his looks, both for that nice gold and silver contrast and the memetic Pepe and Wojak imagery.
>>
>>8790816
HNNNNNNGGGGHH
>>
>>8790624
>green
>>
>>8790624
Zero affect
>>
File: 1480538731217.jpg (759KB, 2638x2171px) Image search: [Google]
1480538731217.jpg
759KB, 2638x2171px
>>8790913
Trump wanted to pick Gov. Kreme Krispie, but the GOP made him pick Pence. It's well documented.

Just about everyone Trump has selected has been a swampy GOP cretin.
>>
>>8792259
>Listening to the MSM
He's going to need to employ someone to drain the swamp, there is a danger to employing the goblins who live there for the task but on the other hand you don't want someone who has never been in it to help you navigate it either.
>>
>>8790653
This could be the title of a poetry or short story collection.
>>
>>8792643
It makes sense for the title of something to describe it's contents
>>
>>8790624
Bold and Brash
>>
pretentious
>>
>>8790624
Copacetic.
>>
>>8790936
Lay off the French fries.
>>
Yuge.
>>
>>8790624
Perfect.
>>
It's like drinking a beer with your rapist after
>>
>>8790624
Like a peacock drowning in a pool of pastels.
>>
When I was 14 I imitated Lovecraft. When I was 17 I imitated Kafka. Now I try to keep my prose as tight as possible. Any non-fiction writing is heavily inspired by King's casual stuff like On Writing.
>>
Arch
>>
Masturbatory
>>
>>8792772
More like: belongs in the trash
>>
>>8790624
hysterical/paranoid/acidic. Adorno+Celine+PKD?The shitpost form.
>>
>>8790816
Influences?
>>
>>8790624
I'm very much into description, and often use North/South/East/West to make it easy for myself to describe direction/positioning as well as to make it easier for the writer to visualize/place things. I think I picked this up from Bernard Cornwell, to an extent. I like semi-colons; I find they can add structure to the writing. Here it is. Sometimes it can be fun to suddenly bring attention to something new, by using a very short sentence to bring the flow of reading to a halt. I think something I need to work on however is my use of explaining what each hand is doing. I often have sex scenes in my writing though, and well... hand placement is kind of important in describing what is going on.

Are they standing, and his left hand is sliding down the curve of her back towards her rear while his right has cupped behind her head to bring her in for a passionate kiss? Is things getting rough, and the left hand has her two wrists captured there while his right is toying with her left breast as he repeatedly rails into her, her legs wobbling and jolting at either side of his viciously moving hips? Is it doggy style, and he's nailing her in the ass while resting on her back, his right hand reaching down to her crotch to rub her clit while his left is at her chest, toying with a nipple? Or maybe it's all-out rape, and to stop her screaming, he's choking her with his left while his right is ripping at her clothes?

Even in that one paragraph, I said the words 'right', 'left', and 'hand' quite a few times, but I like adding that detail to better give visualization. It offers more than "He went to grab her ass as he took her head in a kiss", "He has her wrists bound in one hand and is playing with her tit in another", "He's fucking her doggy style while pinching a nipple nad rubbing her clit", "He squeezes down on her neck while trying to strip her", etc.
>>
>>8793273
:(
>>
File: 1337752911280.png (2KB, 243x181px) Image search: [Google]
1337752911280.png
2KB, 243x181px
An autist moving between somber, sober, violence and vehemence.
>>
K A F K A
E
S
Q
U
E
>>
arrhythmic fluctuation from patient exposition to the thundering crisis of critical burst.
>>
>>8793362
kafkakesque
>>
>>8793372
Exactly.
>>
My writing style is none of your business. No one should be allowed to ask about a man's writing style. Disgusting!
>>
>>8790624
KAFKA KEK
>>
I find myself going into tangents and after a page of writing about what a character is thinking, I realize they still haven't turned the corner of the hall or whatever.
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.