[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of the greatest Italian author of XX century?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: pasolini.jpg (65KB, 990x655px) Image search: [Google]
pasolini.jpg
65KB, 990x655px
What does /lit/ think of the greatest Italian author of XX century?
>>
One of his books has had a recent printing in the U.S which I have temptations of owning. It's one of his novels. One of his fiction books is at my college library. I'm not sure if they are the same one.

I've seen four of his movies and they were good. Two of them were alright, one of them was really really good (a masterpeice?) and one of them was a masterpeice

Alright: The Decameron, Salo
Really good (my favorite): THE CANTERBURY TALES
Masterpiece: ARABIAN NIGHTS

I own these on Blu-Ray.
>>
>>8784669
mediocre at best - celebrated only from leftist politicians
>>
>>8784669
Good, but in no way the greatest.
Also leftists don't understand him usually.
>>
>>8786400
watch Teorema if you can, I love that movie

>>8786425
if leftist don't understand him, I guess nobody does. why do you think that?
>>
>>8784669

That's not Dino Buzzati
>>
>>8784669
that's neither Umberto Eco nor Italo Calvino
>>
File: metall.jpg (28KB, 314x384px) Image search: [Google]
metall.jpg
28KB, 314x384px
>>8786886
mah nigga
>>
Antonio Gramsci
>>
File: 1448855682464.png (26KB, 602x166px) Image search: [Google]
1448855682464.png
26KB, 602x166px
That's not Carlo Levi.
>>
Interesting guy desu. Italian cinema is probably my favourite national cinema.

I've been exploring 19th century Italian literature of late, but once I get tired of that I may move forward
>>
>>8786489
Well, probably I was a little too extreme, but many leftist tend to trivialize him
>>
>>8786665
Good post
>>
>>8786886
>>
File: Calvino.jpg (202KB, 1149x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Calvino.jpg
202KB, 1149x1100px
>>8786886
Saved me the trouble of saying it.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.