[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you write? Have you ever find someone that shows interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: sun-in-an-empty-room.jpg (42KB, 750x543px) Image search: [Google]
sun-in-an-empty-room.jpg
42KB, 750x543px
Do you write? Have you ever find someone that shows interest in anything that you write? Someone who doesn't read it in a half assed manner and show real, genuine interest? Is finding someone who's willing to read the hardest part of all this?
>>
>>8784314

>it's everyone else's fault that no one cares to read my confessional sadomasochistic drivel.
>>
File: IMG_0730.jpg (2MB, 2464x1632px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0730.jpg
2MB, 2464x1632px
>>8784314
Yes, I've been writing for years, both freelance articles and short fiction. So I've been published.

Thing is, I've had a hard time finding people in my everyday life who are interested in my writing. Family, friends, they all say, "that's nice" and move on.

I assume I'm just surrounded by illiterates. I need better friends and family.
>>
>>8784314
>someone who's willing to read the hardest part of all this?
Yes sadly. My ex used to critique my writings and then she left me. I don't think now i can go back to writing without instant feedback daily.
>>
>>8784414
>Family, friends, they all say, "that's nice" and move on.
I've had similar experiences. The thing is, showing people you know really doesn't do either of you any good. If they hate it, or don't get it, or think you just a hack, they can't really tell you.

Writing for your audience is what it is really about, and your audience probably isn't either of these groups.
>>
>>8784414

This exactly. I write essays and short fiction sometimes and I make money with freelance articles and a weekly column in my country but all my family (I don't have much friends, though) say things like "oh, that's nice" and they don't even consider what I do as a job or something serious cause I don't have to go to an office every single day.

Feels bad to be surrounded by illetrates.
>>
File: cat8452.jpg (205KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
cat8452.jpg
205KB, 1080x1080px
>>8784414

Yeah, everyone I know is "excited" about what I do. But the truth is... If you're not vlogging or some post-literate shit, hardly anyone cares.
>>
I usually try to captivate those that are reading by reading it myself or allowing their imagination to roam free but it is hard to keep them interested. No use in forcing them to be. I live in a nation that would hire a meme as our president so I wouldn't be surprised if 70% of our population is illiterate enough to never appreciate authors or their work...
>>
>>8784314
>Is finding someone who's willing to read the hardest part of all this?
Absolutely. A good reader is hard to find. A good reader who also knows how to give good critique, and even keeps your best interest, aka actually getting good at writing, at heart, is harder still.
I have one such reader, and I'm very, very thankful for him.

No homo.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.