[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 2666.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
2666.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
does anyone know of anything similar to this?
>>
On that scale? The only thing that feels similar tonally (that is, with a coexisting fascination with art, violence, history, and posterity) is Underworld by DD.
>>
>>8783430
Some of W.G. Sebald with the drifting stories and what not.

However, there is seldom few that come close to matching the perfection of 2666. I know because I've been searching for years since I finished it.
>>
>>8783448
damn, true. I've been sort of avoiding Underworld because I just read Libra by DD, and I don't know I kind of want a change of pace, but it seems like I'm going to have to go in that direction.
>>8783509
What novel would you recommend by Sebald?
>>
>>8783430
Los detectives salvajes senpai
>>
>>8783509
Try other maximalist writers like McElroy and Pynchon.
>>
>>8783430
Is this book an enjoyable read? Is it as dense and boring as IJ? Will I actually feel like I learned something when I finish it
>>
>>8783642
yes. no. possibly.
>>
>>8783642
I thought it was incredibly enjoyable. Very imaginative and interesting. Not as dense as IJ, just super long and at times disturbing. And you might learn a thing or two about Latin America, Mexican culture, and literature in a general. It is hard to say what I took from the book. It seemed like every page was filled with some unique observation, or insight. I'd try it out.
>>
>>8783509
2666 is far from perfect is not even finished kys
>>
Woes of a True Policeman is kind of a weird extension of 2666. Follows Amalfitano.
>>
>>8785537
Bump.
>>
>>8783430
Hi, so uh google is over there.
>>
>>8785537
We need context. What was the line before that?
>>
>>8785563
Or at least the context of the situation
>>
>>8785563
No line
It's the stating of the sentence. Also, the narrator is talking to other person pointing the three books in a picture.
>>
File: 1480381806577.jpg (43KB, 450x470px) Image search: [Google]
1480381806577.jpg
43KB, 450x470px
>>8783642
I had no trouble getting through IJ but I couldn't stomach this. No plot, translated prose, 2deep4u """themes"""". do yourself a favour and avoid it as well as mexican """intellectuals""" in general. (balony is chilean but his ""intelectualism"" is mexican enough that there's no difference.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.