[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Is this any good?
>>
>>8781061
Sublime, life-changing stuff.
>>
>>8781061
nice coca cola add you got there, leddit.
>>
>>8781061
yeah it's good, except for the last few chaps. once the little baby girl shows up it gets kind of dumb, but everything before that is pretty dece
>>
>>8781155
>chaps
>dece
>>
>>8781155
>once the little baby girl shows up it gets kind of dumb

you're thinking of the film, dumb-ass.

the book is better than most SF from around its time. ignore the spergposters who deride it.
>>
>>8781061
It's really not. It's a feat of worldbuilding, sure. But that is all that's worth mentioning about it. I regret trudging through the first two and a half books. Usually this is where people usually tell me I needed to read another book and a half before I "Get it". And those people can fuck themselves and do some real reading. Choose anything. It won't take long before you find something that reminds you frank herbert has nothing to write worth reading.
>>
>>8781061

Yeah, it's worth reading. You'll find that it's quite an absorbing tale.
>>
>>8781155
>>8781176
must be english
>>
>>8781432
>only watched the movie
You know the whole thing about the magic little girl is in the book too, right? Or did you just /ironically/ blow your cover?

Dune is not a great book but it's pretty good; the post who commented on the world-building hit the nail on the head. The houses, the worms, the desert, the spice, the fremen. The best part of the book is getting excited for him to arrive on Arrakis and experience all of this crazy shit. The actual meat of the book is actually kind of lame and sometimes feels lazy, or that there's too much going on, or that Paul has no flaws (or an achilles heel for that matter).
>>
>>>/ssfg/
>>
If you like science fiction, it's one of the best. I cannot recommend it highly enough.
>>
>>8782235
>The best part of the book is getting excited for him to arrive on Arrakis and experience all of this crazy shit.

You didn't get it.

>paul has no flaws (or an achilles heel for that matter)

You definitely didn't get it.
>>
>>8781061
I'm more of a Phillip K. Dick fan, but I thought it was alright. A little grandiose for me.
>>
Frank Herbert couldn't write for shit
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.