[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do wit and intelligence go hand in hand, lit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4164.jpg (454KB, 855x920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4164.jpg
454KB, 855x920px
Do wit and intelligence go hand in hand, lit?
>>
"No." [Twate, 2013b:269]
>>
>>8780441
More like a divorced, arguing couple that get somewhat erratic most of the time.
>>
>>8780441

Is intelligence much more besides memory?
Is wit much more besides memory?
>>
>>8780473
Does intelligence even exist?

Is sight, in fact, memory?

Is all we remember, in fact, the memory of remembering it?
>>
>>8780509
>Is sight, in fact, memory?

Very close.

For memory to even matter, it must itself be a type of sight (inner sight, mind) so light goes through the eyes, and the information is stored in memory, all the while we are watching the light pass into our eyes, and move past our inner sight, and maybe we catalogue it to group it away with related memories: so yes, intelligence exists, intelligence is the quantity and quality of holding and accessing memories (and might as well add, 'creating' memories (thought, reason, imagination)
>>
>>8780534
I was mocking you, but mark my words, they are of your eternal salvation,

perception:action::thought:memory
>>
>>8780441

Somewhat..
It's more of a style of thinking and expression.
One thing I have noticed is that people who are more "in the moment" tend to be wittier. That is, people who have eyes that are lit up and express themselves without judgement and are quick to respond to situations and stuff.

Witty people are fast and intelligent people usually talk/think fast if they're the erratic type of intellectual.
>>
>>8780554
I was trying to make your mock unjustified, but mock my words, I forgot to add that the 'seeing' the relation between memories, generally as is said, pattern recognition, relation etc.
>>
>>8780441
Intelligence is a combination of both knowledge and wisdom. Wit is a quickness of guile, and so only requires half intelligence to pull off.
>>
>>8780566
Wit has to do with what, sociability (though I can imagine loners develop wit), "humor", play, speed of thought and pattern recognition and relation: raw intelligence you tend to think of knowing facts, how quickly you can recall them etc. this has nothing to do with "humor", I dont really know what wit is,, charactery, wit is clever, it is used, someone has a sharp wit, dim wit, quick to grasp, understand generals, dunno
>>
>>8780441

wit1/wit/
noun
mental sharpness and inventiveness; keen intelligence.
a natural aptitude for using words and ideas in a quick and inventive way to create humor.
wit2/wit/
verb
have knowledge.
that is to say (used to make clearer or more specific something already said or referred to).
>>
>>8780599
>speed of thought and pattern recognition and relation
most definitely are components of intelligence (fluid intelligence)
you are thinking only of crystallised intelligence, which is barely intelligence at all, just knowledge. an erudite person may not have any of their own ideas, and as such may not be intelligent.
>>
>>8780616
Why have your own ideas when you can have Shakespeare's ideas?
>>
>>8780622
>>8780616

As dubs dubs alludes to: I believe there is more 'intelligence' crystalized in books (textbooks, encyclopedias) than even an intelligent person could come up with by just learning a kindergardeners level of words and thinking real hard.

But I understand what you mean, a person reads shakesphere and does not learn how to think or invent ideas or see the world like shakeshphere, further more because one does not read shakesphere and memorize every line (unless that is their profession)
>>
>>8780660
>But I understand what you mean, a person reads shakesphere and does not learn how to think or invent ideas or see the world like shakeshphere, further more because one does not read shakesphere and memorize every line (unless that is their profession)

And it would be difficult to determine the meaning or value of 'intelligence that would equate to compared to all that intelligence is and can be: what 0.000 what % knowing what percentage of shakesphere is, and also in that case if you may as well just seek from someone who has already determined that percentage and prepared it into a nice summary or selection of quotes
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.