[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

life's just attempts to allay boredom, right?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: pg44-boredom-getty[1].jpg (1MB, 2096x1536px) Image search: [Google]
pg44-boredom-getty[1].jpg
1MB, 2096x1536px
life's just attempts to allay boredom, right?
>>
no, boredom is an attempt to regulate too much creativity.
>>
>>8780218
and isn't creativity just an attempt to allay boredom?
>>
Life is a pendulum that sings between pain and boredom.

t. arturio shopholder
>>
>>8780203
the opposite i think - life is an attempt to prolong it. we look away from the world as if our eyes aren't worthy.
>>
>>8780232
I wonder who could be behind this quote!
>>
>>8780239
but we just keep doing stuff so that we AVOID boredom, not prolong it
and we cant help BUT look at the world, its the only thing we can see
what do you mean?
>>
>>8780203
Life lived is generally a denial of what life is: Decay towards death.
>>
>>8780230
no. creativity is just the natural action of the mind to organize the world into a coherent image. when this work is done the creative function is still there, running, so theres a risk that it might create non real images and make them seem real. instead, it reworks the same image it has already built. this is felt as boredom, but it is as vital as creation itself. it fixes what was built in the 1st creative action.

this is why so called creative people are closely related to the so called mentally ill. they are both in a prolonged state of creation, which is not ideal. creation must be as short as possible, just to achieve a coherent image of the world, which will then allow an effective action. this is also why the periods of great change breed so much artists. since the world around them is not coherent their minds remain in the creative mode too long.
>>
>>8780203
I literally haven't felt that feel for years. How do you get bored, /lit/? Aren't you capable of entertaining yourselves?
>>
>>8780311
I'm not saying that i get bored, im saying isnt the reason why we do anything to avoid boredom? theres no other reason
>>
>>8780232
life is a song that pains like a pendulum in boredom.
>>
>>8780305
so then do we try to organize the world into a coherent image to avoid boredom? to give us something to do?
>>
>>8780326
Eh, starving to death wouldn't be boring, but I still choose to eat.
>>
>>8780203
Boredom isn't so bad. Meaninglessness is what I constantly seek to avoid.
>>
>>8780203
No, it's the boredom in the way of death
>>
>>8781372
is there meaningful boredom?
>>
File: 5-excited.jpg (136KB, 530x397px)
5-excited.jpg
136KB, 530x397px
>>8781471
Yeah. Reality isn't non-stop excitement. It can he slow paced, arduous, mundane. But this can he tolerable, even charming.

Meaninglessness is what kills.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.