[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In the German speaking world, Musil is just as big an author

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

In the German speaking world, Musil is just as big an author as Kafka. How come the one is so famous, but the other is unheard of? Have any of you anglo trash ever read Musil?
>>
>>8779868
Because Americans are brainlets unable to withstand the genius of Musil
>>
>>8779868
Germans do the same shit with Poe.
>>
>>8779868

Because people tend not to care about an unfinished novel that's already 3000 pages long, no matter how many critics suck its cock.
>>
>>8779868

>Kafka is German
Don't you mean Czech? I'm sorry but do you even see a Kafka museum in Germany? Point to me where there is one.
>>
>>8779868
>In the German speaking world, Musil is just as big an author as Kafka.
That's just not true.
>>
>>8779904
The French do the same shit with Poe. Valery, Gide, and Mallarme all jerked off to his poetry.
>>
>>8779920
we all know that, you don't have to point out that fact every time someone mentions kafka.
>>
>>8779868
German here, bullshit, Kafka is far more famous.
>>
>>8779868
this is a horrible translation ....the old ones are nowhere to be found.The fuck you expect,maybe you cunts should help with a better translation ....
>>
>>8779920

Please learn how to read. German speaking world is not coterminous with the modern nation state of Germany. Many authors who lived outside the borders of modern Germany were still writing in German.
>>
>>8779920
SAVAGE
A
V
A
G
E
>>
>>8779984

It's literally not bullshit. Maybe famous in the sense of just broad appeal and popularity, but go take a peak at what people are still writing about in Germanistik programs.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.