[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LITERALLY sent my novel to ALL literary agencies in America

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

File: Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg (149KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
Reaction-pic---Crying-meme.jpg
149KB, 700x700px
I'm autistic and had no problem sending over 80 query letters.

6 months later and everyone who bothered to answer said 'No'.

Do you know any books about failing your childhood dreams and crying about it on the internet?
>>
File: pepe-frog-575x526.png (200KB, 575x526px) Image search: [Google]
pepe-frog-575x526.png
200KB, 575x526px
>>8776123
>Do you know any books about failing your childhood dreams and crying about it on the internet?

My diary excluded, desu
>>
get a new dream and try again
>>
>>8776123
>actually thinking literary agencies will give half a crap about your work
Self-publishing is the only viable option.
>>
File: 1460977485569.png (177KB, 697x768px) Image search: [Google]
1460977485569.png
177KB, 697x768px
You haven't failed yet, not even close, what your describing is perfectly normal and happened to nearly every author. Write another book and try again.
>>
>>8776123
Sounds like you should rewrite and try again OP
>>
>>8776376
It's fucking true. The market is so over saturated that although this guy isn't right >>8776373 he might as well be. There's no dick to suck right now, I was promised this was a skill I'd be able to use to succeed.
>>
>>8776123

POST YOUR QUERY LETTER you fucking mong
>>
>>8776383

this

if you've sent 80 query letters and haven't been asked for more, there's clearly something wrong your query
>>
>>8776383
Seconded. We all promise not to make fun of you but to give you memeless and constructive criticism.
>>
>>8776376
>You haven't failed, what your describing is perfectly normal and happened to nearly every author.
>Just write a completely new book and then resend all those letters again. All normal, nothing to see here.
>>
>>8776123
America is just one country. Get to translating that query letter
>>
just going to skip to the end
'Reginald realised, with a sort of laugh, that every joke he had heard recently had been told to himself, by himself, and at his own expense'
>>
>>8776470
That's what happens when you make university affordable to everyone, authors devalued themselves so heavily publishing houses can be ultra selective.
>>
>>8776508
>university affordable to everyone
>universal literacy was a mistake
>that's what happens
>authors devalued
>devalued
>authors devalued themselves
>now publishing houses can be, like, ultra selective
>like, publishing houses
>"super ultra" selective they can now be
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 564x423px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 564x423px
>not a freemason
Wew lad that's your only mistake.
>>
File: 519597112.jpg?w=1024.jpg (483KB, 1024x708px) Image search: [Google]
519597112.jpg?w=1024.jpg
483KB, 1024x708px
>>8776545
>free college
>debt forgiveness
>quantitative easing
>>
>>8776567
i fail to see how this relates to my post, but yes, if I have to RED-DIT it OUT for you, universal literacy was not a mistake, you're just a pseud
>>
>>8776591
>Perhaps we shouldn't have sent every Joe and Jane to college for 5-6 years
>Automatically assumes that means advocating for the abolishment of compulsory education and a return to workhouses
Ok
>>
>>8776622
I would like that once there will come a day when I will be able to talk to you without having to at the same time address all of those heaps of buzzwords and buzz phrases
>>
>>8776123
can i read it?
>>
>>8776639
Hopefully it'll be after you finish your comparative literature degree then we can have this whole thread again.
>>
Saramago didn't get his first written novel published until he died. Everyone rejected it so he moved on to another novel.
>>
>>8776649
Elaborate pls because at this point I lowkey think you suffer from mild cognitive impairment judging by your replies' apparent unrelatedness to my posts
>>
>>8776652
Jose Saramago?
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.