[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you decide what to read next?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: readinglist.png (68KB, 600x786px) Image search: [Google]
readinglist.png
68KB, 600x786px
I spend more time laboring over choosing what book to read than I do actually reading. Suggest books I might add to this list for the random pick, make fun of me for having not read high school-tier novels, or convince me to forgo the random pick and just read x.
>>
>oh this book looks interesting
>*read the book*
It aint quantum physics, fag
>>
>>8772595
Thanks for your valuable contribution.
>>
>>8772583
You have some sense of whatever you're feeling at the moment, and what would lead you to pick up "To the Lighthouse" is not the same impulse that would lead you to pick up "Oscar Wao." Just read whatever you're feeling, and if you chose wrong, just read to the end of the book and choose again.
>>
File: 1476069258259.png (424KB, 650x535px) Image search: [Google]
1476069258259.png
424KB, 650x535px
>>8772583
Start with the greeks.

Keep up with the brits.

Then go for the krauts.

And then realize there is none.
>>
>>8772630
This is very reasonable. I'm going to mark your response under intuition/yolo.
>>
Find an aspect about a book that relates to your life. Example, I read The Great Gatsby the other day because the author and I were born in St. Paul, and it was assigned reading in school when I was in another state; I glossed over TGG then but wanted to return after learning Fitzgerald's birthplace.
>>
>>8772583
I give myself a raging erection, close my eyes, spin around, and wherever my member falls is the next one I pick. This is with physical books by the way. But if you're just choosing off the top of your head, then I masturbate furiously and then go with whatever I feel like after that.
>>
I usually just decide what I want to read during the last few days of reading the book I read before it
>>
>>8772874
But I'm a gril
>>
>>8772583
read the princess of cleves
>>
a. make those into a list, not a big jumble
b. idk I have bigger lists and then smaller lists for the year/books I intend to read during a certain season that I add/delete from
if I'm not feeling something between 1 and 30ish pages in I drop it
>>
>>8773406
They're just separated by commas because I might just paste the list into this random result generator once I finish what I'm reading now.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.