[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Re-binding/Getting custom book covers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 210255.jpg (33KB, 287x475px) Image search: [Google]
210255.jpg
33KB, 287x475px
So I've grown to love a few books in the past few years which started me on a journey of self-discovery that changed my entire perspective on my life and given me the capacity to experience things and meet others I couldn't have before. Problem is I bought them second hand and they are starting to look like old dog-ends,I was thinking of getting them printed and bound/have custom covers made for them to exude a little of the respect and veneration I have for them. I ask this because I already tried searching for nicer editions of them but there doesn't really seem to be anything out there which really appeals to me.

Anybody know where I can get this sort of thing done?
>>
File: Waterhouse - Miranda.jpg (2MB, 1999x1439px) Image search: [Google]
Waterhouse - Miranda.jpg
2MB, 1999x1439px
Are you going to bind them specially because Des Esseintes did it?
Be careful or you will end up having real things that imitate artificial things that imitate life.
And you will succumb to madness.

On the subject of binding, surely that are places that do it in the big cities.
Just go to the public library and ask there or go to a small independent library because the people that work in these places generally know about books and are not millennials trying to earn a few bucks to spend on starbucks and YA.
>>
you can find people to leatherbind books even in pretty podunk towns
>>
Better do nice leather anon.
>>
>>8772069
>>8772069
>So I've grown to love a few books in the past few years which started me on a journey of self-discovery that changed my entire perspective on my life and given me the capacity to experience things and meet others I couldn't have before.
>>
>>8772570
Yeah OP listen to this guy, A Rebours is supposed to be a critique of both naturalism and symbolism
>>
There are specialty book repair shops in most big cities, but they specialize on antiques and are not cheap. They can make books good as new but expect to pay at least $100 per book.

You might try contacting a university's library science department and seeing if anyone would take a commission for CV padding.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.