[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THE EXPANSE- HARD SCI FI

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: big eyes14.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
big eyes14.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
Hello , i just finished the EXPANSE, while i wait for the next book, what good HARD sci fi can you recommend for me. If possible a recently written space opera which hinges on the most realistic space travel technology.
>>
File: big eyes3.jpg (9KB, 204x247px) Image search: [Google]
big eyes3.jpg
9KB, 204x247px
bumpless self shame
>>
>>8771657
>space opera which hinges on the most realistic space travel technology
So what, an astronaut listens to an aria on the Space Station?
>>
>>8771657
blindsight is good hard sci fi but its not space opera at all

the author is also kind of a weirdo but who cares
>>
>>8772658
>So what, an astronaut listens to an aria on the Space Station?
Realistic,doesn't mean real, altough what you propose sounds cool i'd listen to that. Hell, someone must write that as some kind of parody right now.

but no, seriously, a colonized solar system could be realistic given what we know so far.

Just as jules vernes predicted submarines before they happened
>>
>>8773036
>Just as jules vernes predicted submarines before they happened
not true, Submarines existed in primitive form even before Verne's birth
>>
>>8773294
but not like he thinked of them, what he had in mind was closer to a nuclear sub...

also a c clarke predicted satellites and space elevators
>>
>implying the idea that humanity will ever explore space in a meaningful way is realistic

also fuck off to the sf/fantasy general
>>
>>8773352
hard science fiction is not fantasy, if you dont understand the actual literally irl knowledge of how we know the physically correct ways we can live in space, its not my problem that im more educated than you, you can either request more education or remain quiet dear inferior sir
>>
>>8773393
Human beings traveling to other galaxies is actually a fantasy
>>
>>8773393
SF and Fantasy share a general here you sperglord. Even fedora SF discussion belongs there.
>>
>>8773427
of course, did i ever said anything about traveling to other galaxies? oh my, you must be one of those retarded children, how does it feel to be you.

>talks about solar system colonization
>talks about galaxy travel
genius

>>8773432
that is shit star trek tier things
of course that retarded idiots like you never knew true heinlein level of awesome true mind philosophy content haven, shakespeare competing science fiction

keep on being idiotized boy
>>
The Iron Dream by Norman Spinrad is pretty hard. it's full of Nazis waving steel batons.
>>
>>8773432
you can't force me to post in a thread that you imagine is yours. sperglord. whenever i see a "generals" thread i mentally blank it out, because like the Dr Who generals in /tv/ it'll be full of giggling obsessive fanboys inventing their own slang and sneering at anyone who doesn't read the generals religiously and hasn't kept up with the latest frass.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frass
>>
>>8773691
Your post is shit

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shit
>>
>yet another Autist Refuses To Post In A General Thread Because Of A Made-Up Reason episode
>>
>>8773706
>autisst
>connosieur

either try to get on my intelect level of discovering the gems inside the underdogs (which is 2200000000X times better than another lolshakespearesisgoodcuasemyteacher said it retard
>>
>>8772742
Yes, autistic vampires in space is hard scifi. Blindsight is a fucking absurd book.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.