[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why does reading feel like a chore how to read more

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1480120087981.jpg (83KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480120087981.jpg
83KB, 768x1024px
why does reading feel like a chore

how to read more
>>
>>8770247
By first dealing with your depression and anxieties. Once this is solved reading is quite comfy.
>>
YOU EAT PIECES OF SHIT FOR BREAKFAST?
>>
read some houellebecq

always helps me
>>
just read, go against ur laziness. once you become enveloped in the story you'll want to read more & it won't feel like a chore.
>>
Building patience with reading is like working a muscle. Start off with brief bursts of light reading, then go from there.
>>
If you don't enjoy reading, there's something wrong with your reading list. Lay off the classics or whatever it is you're struggling with and read one of Memekami's comfy novels, for example.
>>
I've noticed that reading becomes a lot easier when I make an effort to (as clearly as I can) picture what's happening in my mind, even when the descriptions aren't too detailed and especially when shit gets complicated.

It seems like more work but for whatever reason, the effort seems to pay off and make the text seem less like a chore.
>>
Read something you can actually get into. I'm currently reading the Bible and Moby Dick among other books. Reading the Bible feels often times like a chore, but there are some passages in there that are really interesting to read. Moby Dick on the other hand is extremely interesting to read. Meville's writing style is superb imo and just makes you wanting to read more.
>>
>>8770265
Only text I've read by him was Lanzarote and it was shit, really bad
Will not read more from him, like he aimed to make some 50 pages of reading a real chore

t. other
>>
>>8770247
Read books you get into easily, even if thats books like the Hunger Games. Eventually you'll start picking up on things like quality of prose, subtext, and references to othwr books with ease and more /lit/ books will become entertaining to read.

If you want /lit/ quality booka everybody seems to enjoy, check out novels like A Clockwork Orange, 1984, and Kafka On the Shore. Those are pretty widely appealing, but still quality, books.

Tbh you just have to get gud, scrub.
>>
>>8770311
Also, look into literature classes and book clubs. Having some other reason to make you read can make it interesting. I know books I read for uni were more interesting because I was thinking of essay assignments.
>>
>>8770312
ew
>>
b-bump
>>
File: daddario.jpg (7KB, 177x284px) Image search: [Google]
daddario.jpg
7KB, 177x284px
>>8770277
>If you don't enjoy reading, there's something wrong with your reading list

This. You should be reading for joy.
>>
there's this redpilled man's rights pua fag at my work who constantly teases and harrasses every student, he tries so hard to be a man, but he fucking plays videos, one day he even called out sick because he was up all night competing in a video game tournament, i'm like u can try to be a redpill pua all day, but playing those toys cancels out all your tryinghard
>>
>>8770304
I had other way around, maybe because i read translation
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.