[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audiobooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1454557030085.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1454557030085.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
I can't sit and read a book like a normal person. is anyone else here like this? i feel like a cheater listening to audiobooks. thinking i don't get much out of it. what does /lit/ think?
>>
Don't sweat it. The medium doesn't really matter if you absorb the content. Also some narrators\voice actors voices just sound better than the inner monologue you might have for that particular book.
>>
I stock shelves at night in a supermarket and escape the drudgery with audiobooks. Any time where the hands work while the mind wanders is good:chores,commuting,curled up in bed with the lights out and the headphones on. And a good reader makes a book come alive through characterizations with voice and accents. After a night's work,reading conventionally is a struggle to stay awake,and finding the time to invest in a book impossible,so I consider the audio route not a cheat but a necessity.
>>
>>8770962
Ma nigga! My 5 years of retail nights would have killed me if I didn't have audiobooks and podcasts. Keep it real, just hope for your sake you don't work frozen or produce.
>>
It's okay for some genre fiction adventure, but I doubt any complex text can be understood from recitation. Things like poetry or philosophies require full attention and slow reading to be absorbed. Dunno, maybe I'm just retarded, obviously if it works for you don't let anyone tell you that audiobooks 'aren't real reading'
>>
>>8771776
Chico de la Noche!
I work grocery,soda and mac and whatever else gets shoveled my way. Been doing it 32 years,but only had Audible for the last 12. Before that was cassette tapes and Howard Stern when he was on regular radio. Its a golden age of fighting mental breakdowns.

And I have a variety of books,from hardcore histories to dramatized Shakespeare plays and other radio play stuff. Yes,retention of what I hear is diluted by having to work,but it also means each relistening adds to the enjoyment as new nuances are discovered and savoured.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.