[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why didn't Sauron just seal the entrance to Mt. Doom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: 1480116054226.png (412KB, 560x559px) Image search: [Google]
1480116054226.png
412KB, 560x559px
Why didn't Sauron just seal the entrance to Mt. Doom?
>>
how do you seal off a volcano?
>>
>>8768911
Magic.
>>
File: Disapproval Moomin.jpg (26KB, 400x293px) Image search: [Google]
Disapproval Moomin.jpg
26KB, 400x293px
Why didn't the Groke just sit on Thingumy and Bob?
>>
His was a peaceful science and rationalism based society, harnessing geothermal power to build an industrial revolution and help drag the primitive people of Middle Earth out of their warlike and superstitious existence. How was he to know that some magic loving hippy terrorists would wander in and try and fuck that all up because they would rather live in rural squalor and ignorance.
>>
>>8768977
something like this, he didn't even think the good guys could try to destroy the ring
>>
Sauron didn't think that anyone could actually destroy the ring and that they would always get corrupted.

He was fucking right. It's only due to divine intervention that the ring got destroyed.
>>
File: 1418503089103.png (260KB, 563x542px) Image search: [Google]
1418503089103.png
260KB, 563x542px
>>8768908
He was too proud
>>
>>8768977
Very "clever" reddit-tier "analysis" there buddy but Sauron wouldn't have been undone by "magic loving hippy terrorists" had he not made his super weapon with magic himself.
>>
>>8769024
His 'super weapon'? You mean a small ring that drives hobbits mad? Perhaps if his equipment wasn't stolen by a bunch of retards that didn't understand it they wouldn't have fucked themselves over so hard. I'm sure if a bunch of tribal hunters stole your phone and then tried to destroy it because of your bohemian rhapsody ringtone freaked them out you'd be pretty pissed too.
>>
>>8769056
The fuck you're on? Hobbits are nigh immune to the ring, save Frodo because he was stabbed with a magic blade, and then poisoned by the deadliest spider in all middle earth
>>
>>8769094
are you telling me that the deadliest spider in middle earth is a joke compared to the tamest spider in australia?

i'm getting a little sick of tolkiens shit.
>>
>>8768908
It's mentioned a few times throughout the books that he doesn't even consider that someone would want to destroy the ring, only use it. That's why when they catch frodo in mordor they don't go on high alert or even consider that he might have the ring, they just assume he's a spy.
>>
>>8768908
"The Ring remains hidden, and that we should seek to destroy it has not yet entered their darkest dreams."
Any other dumb questions?
>>
>>8768972
She's a slow-moving fat-ass, so she had to put up with the court case and trade the King's Ruby for the Hobgoblin's Hat. Plus, you don't want to get your tongue stuck to the Groke's grove.
>>
>>8768908
Mt doom is his forge m8
Would you shut down the biggest weapons factory in your heartlands just next to your base bexause some undersized kush smokers might kamikaze for something almost nobody would think of
>>
>>8770606
yeah your mother is a whore.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.