[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some accessible stream of consciousness books? I am

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1479819908132.jpg (722KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
1479819908132.jpg
722KB, 2048x1362px
What are some accessible stream of consciousness books?
I am afraid of reading the big boys like Joyce and the guy who ate a lemon cake.
>>
>>8767724
Infinite Jest
>>
Virginia Woolf then.
>>
File: their_eyes_were_watching_god.jpg (2MB, 1217x1860px) Image search: [Google]
their_eyes_were_watching_god.jpg
2MB, 1217x1860px
>>8767732
kind of

A good person to really understand the way they use indirect discourse is Hurston, because of the way the dialect seeps into the prose. She is the easiest to figure out what they're doing.
>>
>>8767724
Get a copy of Tender Buttons.
>>
just read portrait of the artist first you coward

especially if your other options are
>>8767732
>>8767741
>>8767754
>>
>>8767768
We all know Joyce is a master. But is it appropriate as a first approach? You need to add all the Irish context and lingo to the complexity the work has.
>>
>>8767724
Stream of consciousness isn't actually good, kid. It's just a meme.
>>
>>8767780
Yeah sure why the fuck not, reading books isn't some video game where you need to level up to read the best ones
>>
>>8767793
You think so? I guess it's different for me. Would you give Ulysses as a first book with depth to a friend who doesn't read?
>>
>>8767793
Not the best ones, but I'd say the more complex ones.
>>
>>8767768
Portrait's a decent choice, but don't pretend like it doesn't have its fair share of weirdness. Hurston is a great way to learn the technique and an easy read (not to mention a pretty good read). Dissing Virginia Woolf shows you as a memester anyway.
>>
>>8767724
Johnny Got His Gun - Dalton Trumbo
>>
>>8767804
Yeah, then I'd call him stupid if he couldn't understand it
>>
>>8767915
What was the first book you read?
>>
>>8767935
I think it was the Hobbit
>>
>>8767841
>Dissing Virginia Woolf shows you as a memester anyway
http://www.openculture.com/2013/09/virginia-woolf-writes-about-joyces-ulysses-never-did-any-book-so-bore-me-and-quits-at-page-200.html
Not that guy, but nope.
>>8767784
Desu
>>
>>8767950
There are far better reasons to dislike Joyce than Woolf. That Said, I like Joyce better too.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.