[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

anyone else here just use books and literature as house decorations?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 20161125_203120.jpg (3MB, 3771x1471px) Image search: [Google]
20161125_203120.jpg
3MB, 3771x1471px
anyone else here just use books and literature as house decorations?
>>
No. I have that same copy of Naked Lunch, it's really ugly. Why would you use that as décor?
>>
>>8767205
I have over 600 copies of Infinite Jest, and I don't know how to stop. Each new pay check affords me about ten more, and I often go without essentials to increase that number. I haven't read Infinite Jest. I don't like Infinite Jest. I'm not even sure what it's about. But I have to have it, as much of it as I can.

The copies fill my room. Soon they will fill the rest of the house. I do not allow them to overlap - they must stand independent of one another. I also take exquisite care of these books, and spend hours of my free time, which is expected to be used for leisure, ensuring that none are scuffed or at all damaged. When my wife picked up a copy without permission, I gave her hell. I don't think I'd ever screamed that loud and my lungs were hoarse for days.

Just thinking that there are copies of Infinite Jest I don't yet own - many thousands - makes my hands tremble. Terror overtakes me. I have to buy more, just because I've allowed myself to think about it, as soon as I am done editing this post. I'm more rattled than usual, so I'll buy three at once. The local stores do not stock the book, and I have to buy online. It's more expensive, but I don't care. I need them.

I have most every edition at this point. My most prized is a first edition copy signed by the author that set me back over a thousand dollars. It is pristine, and kept in a sealed case. Just touching that case is enough to dispel all of my worries about my actions. There can be no higher than this. I have found light in darkness. Infinite light... at least that's what I think at the time. But in a more rational mood, when the overwhelming urge to consume fades away, I'm left with terror and despair. What is this novel? Why has it taken over my life? Maybe I'd understand if I read it, but that sounds hard.
>>
>>8767205
How do you even use literature as decoration?
>>
>>8767245
You leave copies of books with provocative titles around that guests will look at and ask you about. Shit like Meditations, The Art of Love, some thick books on fiction and psychology, Gray's Anatomy, USGS Atlas, etc.
>>
>>8767254
ye that's what I do. I I just have books around so when I invite people over they think I'm smart. instead of having a giant stack of DVDs behind my tv I have a stack of books. just grab a book and pop it in the VCR
>>
>>8767268
A copy of Richard the Third that I taped back in '99 and leave around my living room, or salon as I call it, has gotten me laid 3 & 1/2 times.
>>
>>8767205
I can't make out all the book titles. WTF OP
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.