[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ignatius C. Reilly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Does this character single-handedly embody the entirety of 4chan? If he were around today, would he spend his time arguing with strangers on the Internet while occasionally enjoying a nice cheese dip?
>>
>>8766805
/bread
>>
So, is it worth it to read this in English? I've read it in Spanish and I get the feeling that the translation sucks, really shitty, as in you realized when the translator missed a play with words, and threw away a good joke. Shitty shit m8
>>
>>8766801
His ideology reminds me of /pol/. He digs up old failed ideas from the medieval era and tries to warp them into a system for modern living. He's the ultimate reactionary.

It's too bad Toole offed himself, the guy practically had a crystal ball for internet era social politics
>>
>>8766805
THen why did he writer letters to the jewess?
>>
>>8767197
I imagine you'll miss most of New Orleans drawl, listen to the audiobook, it's very funny
>>
Is Neon Bible worth reading?
>>
omfg we missed such an opportunity for welles to play Ignatius.
>>
Wow OP that's superficial, simple-minded, and completely wrong, had you bothered to actually read the book. Burn your bread.
>>
File: 1404853565208.png (901KB, 1292x774px) Image search: [Google]
1404853565208.png
901KB, 1292x774px
>>
>>8767211
Yea I read Toole's biography it's really interesting, he was an English professor for a while and basically witnessed the birth of the modern liberal SJW movement in his students, and based the character Myrna off of it
>>
>>8767240
Throughout the entire book, everything Ignatius and Myrna do is actually to impress each other. Pretty much all of his actions are the result of him trying to impress Myrna and vice-versa. It's really made clear in the very last paragraph of the book as well
>>
>>8770283
>not Phillip Seymour Hoffman
;_;
>>
>>8770542
Myrna was definitely trying to impress Ignatius, but I didn't see that go the other way around so much. (His sloppy braid kisses were hella cute, though.) Unless you mean that by standing his ground on his ideas, that in itself was meant to be showing off to Myrna.
>>
>>8770601
Can't be done senpai
>>
>>8766801
he is feudalism and freedom personalized
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.