[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

QTDDTOT - Question that don't derseve their own thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: hang in there.jpg (23KB, 338x450px)
hang in there.jpg
23KB, 338x450px
This is the /qtddtot/ general.
Ask question here.
>>
Which philosopher said "you can't learn to walk by forgetting how to crawl"?
>>
>>8766482
In Whatever by Michel Hollaback, it is mentioned that Taxi drivers are often hesistant about giving pregnant women about to give birth a ride to the hospital, unless the drivers are cambodian.
Why? Do cambodians have some superstition related to birth, or is it implied that they're just nicer?
>>
>>8766482
what works are essential to becoming a writer
in terms of things to learn not books to read from
>topics as in character, plot, prose, etc
>>
What the fuck does "naturalize" mean

I never really understand
>>
Am I a retard, misunderstood, or ahead of my time?
>>
File: Commentarii de Inepto Puero.jpg (38KB, 749x499px) Image search: [Google]
Commentarii de Inepto Puero.jpg
38KB, 749x499px
>>8766482

I just finished thinking about this book
Has /lit/ ever read anything?
>>
How would you rank the philosophers you know of from easiest to hardest?
>>
what are some good collectors editions of books/series? my birthday is at Christmas, so I'm being pestered to give lots of ideas for gifts.

All I really want are some sturdy, aesthetically pleasing books that will look lovely on my book shelf and won't be falling apart after 10 years like my paperbacks are all doing.
>>
What do you picture a girl looking like if she is described as "of agreeable appearance"?
>>
>>8766862
Solid 7
>>
File: rivera1.jpg (317KB, 1800x751px) Image search: [Google]
rivera1.jpg
317KB, 1800x751px
When I'm falling asleep I'm able to come up with what seems like great writing in my head in a near continuous stream. Is this some Dali-esque zen like state of creativity or just delirium from being convincing me that what I'm thinking is good?
>>
>>8766947
*from being tired?
>>
what's the most /lit/ exercise?
>>
>>8766947
Refrain from ever contriving to write any of it down and you can keep the illusion that it's both
>>
>>8766553
1 Mana, destroy a minion. Your opponent draws two cards.
>>
What are your personal recommendations?
>>
Why does anons reply to /lit/ threads without reading them?
>>
>>8767377
lie on your back, arm stretched out straight above you, book in hand. hold until you either finish the book or drop it on your face.
>>
are the Chronicles of Narnia worth reading as an adult?

I missed out on them as a child, and they've always seemed from a distance to be solely appreciated by children.
>>
Are the Cormoran Strike books worth reading? Are they adequately hard-boiled?
>>
>>8766947
Lots of great thinkers get ideas in the state between sleep and awake.
Einstein (and I think Newton too) said he got most of his best ideas in this state.
>>
Is all of the ship terminology in Moby Dick worth looking up? I googled every strange word for the first 100 pages or so, but got tired of interrupting reading for it. Am I missing anything?
>>
>>8767539
mill druid bout to be cool
>>
File: Kehaar 1.jpg (19KB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
Kehaar 1.jpg
19KB, 400x250px
>>8766508
Probably considered good luck to witness a birth or some shit.

>>8766521
So you don't want to read a book(s) to learn how to write better? Try one of those magazines then.

>>8766692
Everyone has their quirks, and extra time away from others, especially in youth, leads to extra alienation/differentiations. You are (probably) just a typical special snow-flake. Enjoy.

>>8766705
I'm reading Moomins as a guilty pleasure. Wimpy Kid seems a little Captain Underpants tier for me.

>>8766706
The harder the more useless. Epicurus solved philosophy.

>>8766862
Brunette. Classy dresser. Wide hips.

>>8767377
Bicycling. Going back and forth to you books store or library.

>>8768483
If you're a Christian, you'll love them. If not, not so much.
>>
>>8768640
pls respond
>>
File: Bastein-Lepage_Diogenes.jpg (755KB, 1800x1442px) Image search: [Google]
Bastein-Lepage_Diogenes.jpg
755KB, 1800x1442px
When reading existential comics, i was amused by this Sarte guy and his radical freedom. Which book should i check to get idea of what he's talking about?
>>
>>8766497
>"you can't learn to walk by forgetting how to crawl"

Google search came up with MLK Jr.
>>
what does lit think of vonnegut?
best book by him?
>>
File: 1479001894418.jpg (265KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479001894418.jpg
265KB, 1920x1080px
What is a good epub reader? For ages I've been avoiding epub and going for pdf. Its sad that some good epub books stay neglected. :(

P.S. I tried ice cream epub reader but bookmarks reset after closing
>>
Any good books on learning/autodidactism?
>>
What should I read from Jung?

Already read: Man and His Symbols, The Red Book, Aion (too hard)
>>
>>8771469
High school literature.
>>
File: shandy.jpg (680KB, 969x1600px) Image search: [Google]
shandy.jpg
680KB, 969x1600px
Which one of you wieners almost got me to read this? It's awful.
>>
>>8771469
If you've never read him, he's definitely worth a go. His books have an easy, bouncy prose style and they tend to be very short, so you can read them quickly. Yeah, it's not "Moby-Dick," and a lot of us loved Vonnegut in high school and college, but if you've never read him, why not?

"Sirens of Titan" is the most grounded, so it's a good place to start. I also was a big fan of "Cat's Cradle" and "Breakfast of Champions." For some reason I didn't like "Slaughterhouse-Five" as much, but that's his most popular, so you might try that.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.