[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you asked a girl (or dude, not judging) what their favorite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: blind-date-with-a-book.jpg (26KB, 700x546px) Image search: [Google]
blind-date-with-a-book.jpg
26KB, 700x546px
If you asked a girl (or dude, not judging) what their favorite book was, what would their answer have to be for you to immediately fall in love with them? On the other hand, what book would make them instantly unattractive to you?
>>
people are fucking phoneys and make up shit to make themselves look better all the friggin time
>>
>>8765196
>just had a 'why can't women be smart?'-thread deleted
>how can I get /lit/ to engage in my compulsion to make everything into discussions on ressentiment-fueled identity politics

But to answer your question: No book would make me fall in love with them, just like no book would make me fall out of love with them.

The books that would make their characters seem unappealing to me would be the same that I'd find objectionable in males as well.
>>
>>8765196
I wouldn't fall in love with someone based on their taste in media. That's silly.
>>
my diary desu
>>
>>8765196
I'd just be happy that she is into reading so introducing her to real literature wont be so hard.
>>
If they named a book I liked then it could lead to an interesting conversation. Besides this then it doesn't matter at all. I don't even care if they read or not.
>>
>>8765209
no it's not. you are what you eat. your media is your soul.
>>
>>8765206
>No book would make me fall in love with them, just like no book would make me fall out of love with them.
This should be the correct answer.
However if an attractive woman was reading something other than YA fiction, that would probably make them seem more attractive to me. I didn't realize this until recently, when I sat near a cute girl who was reading a book and began to find her much less cute when the book turned out to be Eragon or some shit.
>>
>>8765225
The media you produce, sure. But not what you consume. I'd date an artist based on their work, but not someone based on their favorite artist.
>>
>>8765237
would you date an artist whose work is shit?
>>
>>8765245
If her ass was out of this world, sure.
>>
Literature is *way* too fractured as a form of media to glean anything about someone's tastes, particularly after they leave the entry-level pool on all sides: YA, spec fic, high school canon, and so on.

But without going for particulars, if a woman is reading a "challenging"/adult book (a fictional book, if we're going to be specific about my taste), then she'd get a thumbs up from me. Non-fiction of all sorts, I wouldn't really care. YA fiction and 'bored housewife' fiction would be yellow flags, things to be careful with although not necessarily dealbreakers.

however, all this said:

If I were to meet up with a /lit/ girl and she genuinely liked DFW, I'd genuinely do a 360 and walk away.
>>
>>8765251
would you be honest to her about what you think of her work?
>>
>>8765245
Depends on a lot of factors, anon. Like what medium, how long they've been working, etc.
>>
>>8765263
Depends on that pussy game, yo

Yes, I would. If it wasn't in literature, however, I'd probably tell her that my opinion probably shouldn't matter much as I am not well-versed in, say, painting
>>
>>8765210
This
>>
The book doesn't matter so much as their reason for liking it. If their reason for liking the book is surprising and well thought out, I would be down with that.

Also, if their reason for not liking a book seems stupid, that would be the end of it.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.