[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You have ten seconds to plead your case: Why does philosophy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

You have ten seconds to plead your case: Why does philosophy belong on a literature board?
>>
>>8765171
Philosophy is literature
>>
Philosophy wouldn't exist without literature. The themes found literary stories and principles of philosophy are inextricably tied.
>>
>>8765178
It's not. Are you unfamiliar with the DDS? Savages are unwelcome on /lit/.
>>
>>8765191
You have me convinced. I apologize to you and hereby retract my first post in embarrassment.
>>
>>8765171

There is no separate Philosophy board
Philosophy is strongly tied to the written word
/lit/ is the board for the written word

That said, philosophy threads ought to be tied to written works
>>
>>8765171
literature is philosophical (as perhaps all things are ;^)
>>
>>8765171

Both require similar levels of angus preparation in order to enjoy.
>>
>>8765171
beats me
>>
>>8765171
it doesn't, but /cgl/ for instance is also two relatedish things on a board and they're doing fine. philosofriends have done me no wrong
>>
There's certain works of philosophy and critical theory that just read immensely well. Roland Barthes should be the model prose stylist for anyone. Writing Degree Zero is one of the best things I've read, it tells a kind of narrative while explicating and developing theories of writing without getting too jargon-y or verbose like most writers in these traditions.

Marx also had a kind of prose style about him that's unmistakable. Philosophy/Theory counts as literature because it is written in the same forms as literature, and often works through many of the same ideas
>>
philosophy is and has always been on /his/ what the fuck
>>
>>8765938
/his/ is fucking garbage
>>
>>8765938
>is and has always been
how long has /his/ even existed?
>>
>>8765993
like a year

so six times as long as that guy has been posting
>>
File: hahaguy.jpg (46KB, 600x431px) Image search: [Google]
hahaguy.jpg
46KB, 600x431px
This board is a place to feel superior because you have a weird hobby. Philosophy is perfect for that.
>>
>>8765171
dude this board is slow enough as it is who cares
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.