[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Which books have you read out of necessity. Did you enjoy them?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0750.jpg (536KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0750.jpg
536KB, 1500x1000px
I'm currently poorfagging it in a foreign country, the local library has a small English language section but it looks a little bit like pic related. Naturally the books they do have are a really weird hodge podge of classics and popular fiction. What have you read because of poverty, schooling, not having anyting better to hand, etc? How did you like it? I just picked up Kim which I may never have read but for a limited access to /lit/.
>>
Where are you?
>>
>>8763127
>not bringing a copy of either Infinite Jest or Ulysses wherever you travel

fucking faggot
>>
>>8763144
Norway
>>
>libraries
>while traveling
>going to scandinavia
>ever

you deserve what you got.
>>
File: Srsly wrong.png (85KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
Srsly wrong.png
85KB, 900x900px
>>8763127

Way back in middle school I fucked up and got put in all day purma in school suspension until the kicked me out, so I read this book about a blind kid and a negro stranded on an island after a U-boat attack. They had them piled up in the room with me, but I never got to finish it.

Anybody have a clue as to what it might be?
>>
Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.

Had its moments but it's a very bad book full of flat, unbelievable characters.

Angels & Demons

Was the only thing in English in a book exchange at my hotel. Trashy but I quite enjoyed it to be honest.
>>
>>8763127
Had to read "As I Lay Dying" in highschool.
Fucking wretched.
Meaningless themes and the deliberate lack of proper spelling and grammar is 3rd grade level artsy shit that thinks it's cool because it breaks a rule and does something different.
The book is a mess and doesn't say anything you'll think about after you're done.
>>
File: 1123464578.png (211KB, 550x578px) Image search: [Google]
1123464578.png
211KB, 550x578px
>>8763127

I read Infinite Jest just so that I could fit in on /lit/. You have to understand, this was January of 2016. Every other post was a DFW post. I really didn't have a choice.
>>
File: The Gay.jpg (32KB, 318x469px) Image search: [Google]
The Gay.jpg
32KB, 318x469px
>>8763652
Yeah, it's this
>>
Well I had to read Frankenstein in school and it was really good.

All other books I've had to read in school have been utter garbage though, but most of them were YA novels about teenage love, meaning they really didn't appeal to me.
>>
File: 1468630300881.png (54KB, 350x335px) Image search: [Google]
1468630300881.png
54KB, 350x335px
>>8765632

thass nah coo
>>
>>8763633
I'm not travelling I live here with my wife.
>>8765651
Nice cover art. The palm tree looks like a huge dong.
>>8765626
I read it a few years ago and felt exactly the same way. 'My mother is a horse' repeat ad nauseum, we get it he's a retard.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.