[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the ideal protagonist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

File: youtu.be-0fLoNbzuUU-750x400.jpg (43KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
youtu.be-0fLoNbzuUU-750x400.jpg
43KB, 750x400px
I'm writing a urban fantasy novel and I am divided between two characters to be my protagonist:

>(1) the first is police officer who lost his / her family in an accident related to the paranormal when he / she was young, therefore dedicating his / her life to it in search of revenge.

>(2) the second one is a normal person who needs money to save a loved one. He / she gets in the world of the paranormal in search of the means to save that loved one.

(2) is more relatable and perfect for a fantasy novel because the reader can easily put herself in the shoes of the protagonist as he / she learns about the world of the paranormal. But (1) has a more interesting backstory, sincerely.
>>
>>8763004
>I'm writing a urban fantasy novel
>a
whoops
>>
>>8763004
They're both shit.

Cute girl, though.
>>
File: Bernie_leaving_the_DNC.gif (4MB, 254x348px) Image search: [Google]
Bernie_leaving_the_DNC.gif
4MB, 254x348px
>>8763004
Make the protagonist a female, and somehow indicate that she was a refugee at one point in her life.

That'll get you published in no time, my dude.
>>
File: tumblr_o4m1opxIjm1uhjir3o1_500.jpg (89KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4m1opxIjm1uhjir3o1_500.jpg
89KB, 500x667px
>>8763012
I just wanted a good protagonist.

The protagonist is never that great of a character in most novels (Crime & Punishment aside). Most of the times the secondary characters are just much better.
>>
>>8763004
I want to repeatedly slap her face with my cock. I want to lick her teeth. I want my cum on those lovely lips.
>>
>>8763014
I'm planning to do something similar.
>>
>>8763018
Has this girl been BLACKED yet? If so, please post pics.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
>>8763020
>her
>>
File: 1471598866614.jpg (406KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1471598866614.jpg
406KB, 1280x1707px
>>8763021
Damn. That's good.

I'm waiting for your requisite thread about how you finally got published. Good luck, OP.
>>
>>8763022
No, keep your erotic aspirations out of the girl.

She's a mean to an end.

---
So, here's a new plan. Let's mix'em both.

Protagonist was affected as a child by the paranormal but has been skeptic of it. He / she delves back into it as a mean to save their loved one.
>>
>>8763018
Dat gap
>>
>>8763004
the ideal protagonist would probably look for the answer on r/books and not on here
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.