[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So this film is LITERALLY Slaughterhouse 5, how the fuck did

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: arrival.jpg (286KB, 800x1249px) Image search: [Google]
arrival.jpg
286KB, 800x1249px
So this film is LITERALLY Slaughterhouse 5, how the fuck did they get away with it? Not in the legal sense per se but it's widely critically acclaimed despite taking the main element of Slaughterhouse 5 but playing it entirely straight.
>>
>>8761975
>how the fuck did they get away with it?

People don't read, thus it's novel

This movie looks incredibly boring though
>>
>>8761987

But Slaughterhouse Five is entry level normielit
>>
>>8761975
It is literally based on

"The story of your life"

I discovered this when someone brought up the movie in my logic class and i said it sounded like said story. I didn't know much about the movie, and I spoiled the end of the book.

Everyone in the class hates me now, professor included.

Don't repeat my mistake, do your research.
>>
>>8761992
I think the failure of the novel to capture Dresden, and Vonnegut's own aching desire for apathy contrasted against his disappointment with the world, his life and the book - create a very meta and paradoxical tragedy.
>>
>>8761992
You overestimate "normies" re: reading

>>8761975
The witch was the most /lit/ movie of the year. Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?
>>
>>8761992
>he thinks normies read at all
>>
>>8762255
Spoiling the end of the story for people about to see the movie is the most meta thing possible and I highly encourage it.
>>
>>8763317

go back to egl 101
>>
>>8762255
>Don't repeat my mistake, do your research.
Good call, don't take a logic class they're full of nerds.
>>
>>8761987
I actually liked Arrival. It was quite slow at times though.
>>
>>8761975
>So this film is LITERALLY Slaughterhouse 5
>i just read books on wikipedia
lol
>>
>>8761975
>this film is LITERALLY Slaughterhouse 5
Not it's ARRIVAL.
>>
>they don't know about Ted Chiang
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.