[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one outdo Tolkien's works of fantasy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

How does one outdo Tolkien's works of fantasy?
>>
>>8761523
World building to the extreme.
Write works by authors in the world.
Eventually make a fantasy writer in your fantasy world.
Understand that creating your own context ist the hardest hing about fantasy.
Understand the prose bar is set relatively low, but you should go at least for prose on par with a fantasy writer like Brian Catling (which won't be easy)

I want to make literary fantasy, but it's harder than regular lit just like making a cake from scratch is harder than using a box.
>>
by making something that isn't shit
>>
>>8761572
Quality post
>>
File: worm_ouroborus.jpg (236KB, 406x700px) Image search: [Google]
worm_ouroborus.jpg
236KB, 406x700px
by being Jack Vance, Fritz Leiber, Poul Anderson or Michael Moorcock. or even E.R.Eddison.
>>
Anime already does it.
>>
>>8761591
wow that Eddison fellow looks like a huge self-important faggot
>>
>>8761591
>moorcock
lel
>>
>>8761674
>moor
>cock
>morecock
>>
File: gormenghast.jpg (755KB, 1600x902px) Image search: [Google]
gormenghast.jpg
755KB, 1600x902px
"If ever he had harboured a conscience in his tough narrow breast he had by now dug out and flung away the awkward thing - flung it so far away that were he ever to need it again he could never find it. High-shouldered to a degree little short of malformation, slender and adroit of limb and frame, his eyes close-set and the colour of dried blood, he is climbing the spiral staircase of the soul of Gormenghast, bound for some pinnacle of the itching fancy - some wild, invulnerable eyrie best known to himself; where he can watch the world spread out below him, and shake exultantly his clotted wings..."
>>
lord of the rings is just the kalevala for losers
>>
>>8761523
First thing I saw with that pic is a teddy bear. Its bright hand is the nose/mouth, its armpit is an eye, and its head is an ear. Other ear is in the top left, and its 'elbow' is basically between the eyes. Teddy cloud.
>>
>>8761793
Kek, this.
>>
>>8761787
Alan Lee is fucking based.
>>
>>8761644
yeah, and chocolate ice cream looks like shit, but you still smear it all over your face, don't you?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.