[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If holiness means chastity and all believers should aspire to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: †.jpg (272KB, 1219x1517px) Image search: [Google]
†.jpg
272KB, 1219x1517px
If holiness means chastity and all believers should aspire to holiness, does this mean that Christianity is antinatalist?
>>
>>8760392
>t. worthless virgin

>>>/r9k/
>>
Catholic monks did not aspire for all men to be chaste nor did they condemn sex in general
>>
>>8760392
There have actually been various sects who believed this and acted on it, the cathars are a good example, but there have been more recent ones.
>>
>>8760475
Shakers
>>
>>8760456
You mean continent, not chaste. All Catholic men are expected to be chaste.
>>
>>8760392
Chastity does not mean absence of sex.
>>
>>8760392
Your notion of holiness is deficient. It means separated or set aside. The holy one is separated from the world and set aside for God's use and pleasure. This could mean chaste in a certain context, but chastity in itself does not mean nor fulfill holiness.
>>
>>8760677
I meant celibacy desu, my bad.
>>
>>8760740
But celibacy isn't a requirement for sainthood, not even priesthood. Orthodox priests and eastern rite Catholics can be married.
>>
>>8760745
>Orthodox priests and eastern rite Catholics can be married.
Married men can become priests, but priests can't get married.
>>
>>8760774
I wasn't sure so I said can be married.
I should try an old slavonic mass some time.
>>
Holiness =/= chastity.

Holy means whole or wholesome, naturally complete.
>>
>>8760865
Are you trying to etymologically appropriate Christian concepts for your libertinism, anon?
>>
>>8760893
No sophist, that is what you're attempting to do.
>>
>>8760392
as with all religion, it really is up to interpretation. In my opinion, the important aspects of Christianity were it uses for controlling a civilization, particularly the illiterate masses. If the church controlled the crown, and the church's laws were the crown's law, the church controlled everything. I got a bit off topic though lul
>>
File: chastity.jpg (28KB, 635x191px) Image search: [Google]
chastity.jpg
28KB, 635x191px
>>8760677
Why is /lit/ so full of morons who don't even know simple words?
>>
>>8761013
Can you not read the first part of the definition? It's not the same for married people.
>>
>>8760865
There's literally no definition of holy that means that.
>>
>>8761017
The definition is a single sentence. I realize that with your limited IQ you might not be able to parse English grammar, but the sentence does not end until the period. So the early part of the sentence does not magically stand on its own with a separate meaning wholly separate from the part that comes immediately after. If this is how you read definitions it's no wonder you're this appallingly ignorant.
>>
>>8760950
The holy are always chaste. There is no holiness if you're living a degenerate sinful life.
>>
>>8760865
No, holiness means to be "set apart."
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.