[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Me-yth me your me-yths

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: tolkien.jpg (57KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
tolkien.jpg
57KB, 400x550px
Describe a portion of your fictional world's mythology, make papa Tolkien proud.

Lovecraftheads also weclome.
>>
there are two opposing forces.

the first disguises itself as an intelligence agency based in Brussels. very few people know that about one-third of the operatives are basic telepaths, or that the man who runs this agency has the psychic ability to convince people to do what he tells them to. he is, of course, the richest and most powerful man on Earth, but is a borderline sociopath, because he has never been denied anything he wants.

the second force is less powerful, more amorphous, and is largely represented by a loose "Cell network" of brilliant researchers who have been keeping some of their discoveries to themselves. building on these discoveries, they have attained some almost magical abilities in some fields - biochemistry, fabrication, and computer design.

the agency has only recently learned of the existence of the cell network, and seeks to obtain their research. the cell network has only just learned of the existence of the agency, and as a true hive mind, has no desires beyond survival; as such they haven't formed a plan. but they have the means.
>>
>>8760176
Not sure if this counts as mythology, but one of my stories is about a hermit who tries to find the perfect place to live by looking for the brightest spot in the sky. His thinking is that since city lights block out the stars, wherever you can see the stars the brightest must be the most isolated in the world. But its more of his own mystical belief than an actual reality in the story.

Still trying to make it work right tho
>>
File: cthulu pepe.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
cthulu pepe.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
>>8760176
>lovecraftheads also welcome
thanks anon.

there are several different "horizons" or planes of existence. earth's horizon's beginning is yet unknown. all that populate the earth are colossal beings the size of mountains. for a time these beings were all that populated earth. until a being humanity calls "mother" gave birth to 6 winged humans. these would become the gods that humanity would pray to for thousands of years to come. they are also thought to be the ancestors of humans.

ive got a bit more but i might change some things or scrap it completely.
>>
I have a Dullahan that is based on the Idea of Samson. He carries his head by the locks, but should they be cut off of his head, he would crumple to the ground. This is in a story of reincarnated Heroes and much of the symbology is based on ideas of humeral medicine.
>>
>>8761717
>based on ideas of humeral medicine.

do you mean this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humorism

otherwise i would think it was about removing the bones of the upper arm.
>>
A cyber world of imagination birth micro-gods, they are the foundation of the psyche of man. Some bitch summoned them while doing something crazy. Then this other guy makes a device that transmutes a man into the cyber world, one of the micro-gods is convinced by his fellow micro-god to talk to the man after the man befriends the other micro-god.
The first micro-god didn't want to talk to the man because he was a bitch, actually, he just thought he was a bitch. They were both bitches for not talking to each other.

They defeat the human micro-god that the man created. The first micro-god convinces the human micro-god to not be an asshole in the future.

Then shit gets real, but I haven't written that part yet.
>>
>>8761848
I'd read this
>>
There are multiple layers of physical existence that can only be achieved through mental means. First one is the perceivable, actual world. Next one up is the "mystical" realm. Basically constant hippy super high. Third one is the ideal metaphysical realm. Not very well described but instead of full of bliss you're actually just a bit wiser and content. Final realm is an endless void that turns everyone who enters it mad. Some claim that the dead body of God is there.
>>
The origin of mortal life in this world is a god of birth and death. His sperm is divine -- when he masturbates his sperm sprouts life when it hits the barren earth: primitive plants, fungi, maggots, and insects. One insect, a mantis, incites and erection from him and he decides to fuck it. His seed causes to mantis to endlessly spew forth more intricate lifeforms: mammals, reptiles, etc.. Many of its children are intelligent and some have inherited their father's divinity. However, the god is quick to murder these creatures, and many others that he deems ugly or vulgar.

Eventually, the god decides to murder his former mate, who is still breeding endlessly. Killing it proves to be somewhat of a struggle, as his sperm as imbued her with some of his strength and vigor. Before he can deal a killing blow, some of his divine children seize an opportunity to deal him several mortal wounds. Still he lives, and swears to slaughter them all, but they drive him and his mate deep beneath the earth.

There he remains, bleeding, locked in a grapple with his former mate, who is perpetually giving birth. Her spawn lap at his wounds and grow into monsters. They fight and slaughter one another, to the amusement of the divine ones, who occasionally grant them passage to the surface to hunt and prey on unsuspecting creatures and peoples of the world (to whom they act as gods and goddesses).
>>
>>8761935
That sounds like some stone slab shit archaeologists find in the Urals. Good job.
>>
this all sounds like jodorowsky tier babbling
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.