[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Audiobooks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 615t8pCO5QL._AA300_.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
615t8pCO5QL._AA300_.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
Post your favourite audio-books, what you're listening to now, what you plan on listening to, recommendations or anything else about audio books.
>Favourite - Harry Potter series read by Jim Dale Enhanced
>Listening to now - A Song of Ice and Fire: A Feast for Crows read by Roy Dotrice
>Also - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring read by Rob Inglis
>Planning - From the Earth to the Moon read by Jim Killavey (after I finish the Lord of the Rings series.)
>Would recommend- Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series read by Martin Freeman
>>
Gandalf reading the Odyssey is god tier
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgB9vxYT9kw&list=PLO4w6YrRB31BTAqDnTClVNsClUh6cVG6i
>>
The Martian narrator is fantastic.
>>
>>8759755
>Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy series read by Martin Freeman
Why is that a thing? It's actually real guys.
>>
Titus Groan and Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake. The reader is the excellent Simon Vance, who has narrated a number of good series,so you may want to search for books he's done and see if the subject matter is to your liking.

Other books I keep revisiting are I Claudius and its sequel Claudius the God,anything by Terry Pratchett, PG Wodehouse's Wooster and Jeeves stuff,Hunter S Thompson books (the reader has a perfect voice and attitude for them),select Jack Vance (another perfect reader),and The Circle of Magic books by Tamora Pierce,which are more like radio plays with multiple cast members,the same with the Redwall books,but with inescapable musical numbers.

Speaking of radio plays,Audible sells all 5 volumes of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy in its original radioplay format. I have many productions of Shakespeare, and other made for radio stuff. And some TV shows do well as audio only things,such as Blackadder and Fawlty Towers. That's plenty to start off with. I may recommend more.
>>
>>8760234
I listened to hitchhikers guide over Youtube, I only get 1 book a month is Audible and all the books are pretty expensive.
Librivox is great for older books and they have a range of narrators which is good, but often the quality is poor or it changes speakers every few chapters. I remember lisiting to a Librivox recording of Around the World in 80 Days and In Search of Castaways on Librivox and some of the speakers were hard to understand and had background sound. On the other-hand The Mysterious Islands read by Mark Smith is great on Librivox.
>>
>>8759755
Stephen Fry reads Harry Potter better desu
>>
>>8760443
Type "The leaky cauldron audiobook" into google and there is a website of a person who has gone through all the Jim Dale edition audio-books and added Harry Potter music throughout. They are going through the series again but this time adding sounds as well such as doors creaking, owls hooting and fluttering, the sound of car engines. The enhanced editions are extremely good and improve the audio books so much. Ive listed to both Steven Fry and Jim Dale multiple times and I will have to say that I prefer Jim Dale, although Fry does Hagrid perfectly and is really good throughout, Dale adds an almost cartoonish feel to the characters which feels brighter and more lively throughout.
>>
>>8760443
>>8760724
>knowing this much about Harry Potter audiobooks
>>
>>8759755

So when did you all decide to troll me by acting like we're being raided by reddit?
>>
File: Douglas Dubs.jpg (132KB, 766x1044px) Image search: [Google]
Douglas Dubs.jpg
132KB, 766x1044px
Douglas Adams Reads Douglas Adams

youtu.be/SZzjO4apsw4
>>
Been on a big horror bend recently, so a lot of lovecraft
Really enjoy this guys voice, since he also does voice work for a game I like
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHLEGzu8Dw8
>>
>>8760944
How is this a troll?

>>8760897
They're good books and great audiobooks. Hell most of my post was just a comparason between the two versions with a mention to an edited version.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.