[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speed reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: reading-speed.jpg (40KB, 620x400px) Image search: [Google]
reading-speed.jpg
40KB, 620x400px
New to /lit/. I have too many books and not enough time to read them all.

I want to increase my reading and comprehension speed. Any good courses, tips or tricks?
>>
Why even read if the reading process isn't joyful to you?
Just scan the sparknotes ot something
>>
>>8752557
I enjoy reading but as I've gotten older my reading speed is slowing down. It has nothing to do with coursework. This is pleasure reading for the most part.
>>
>>8752546

Speed reading is literally just skimming for important material. It's only helpful if you're reading for straight up information.

Where do people get this idea that it's just plain reading faster? A lot of speed reading guides I've seen tell you to entirely skip "unimportant" passages. If you do this with with literature, you're doing yourself a huge disfavor by not slowing down. It's not just about "oh you have to savor the language for it's beauty" or whatever (although you certainly should do that), it's about thinking about what you're reading. Reading deeply is useless without contemplation and you need time for that.

Yes Harold Bloom can read a thousand page novel in an hour, but he's a freak who's read constantly nearly all his life. Regardless, he still reads slowly with his favorite authors and encourages others to go at their own pace. It's not a race.
>>
>>8752619
yes. forget it OP.
>>
>>8752546

Stamina and speed increase with use. It's like everything else: the more you do it, the better you get at it.
>>
>>8752619
OK, maybe I should rephrase the question.

>How can I read faster?
>>
>>8752670
>>8752629
>>
>>8752546
Try to read withouth vocalizing each word in your mind

Tran by reading newspaper and/or magazines and write down what you understood
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.