[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did he squander his genius on being a massively pretentious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: james-joyce.jpg (68KB, 447x599px) Image search: [Google]
james-joyce.jpg
68KB, 447x599px
Why did he squander his genius on being a massively pretentious faggot?
>>
>>8747650
>his genius
He wasn't a genius.
>>
>>8747650
Being a massively pretentious faggot is the only way not to squander genius.

>>8747653
Was too.
>>
>>8747656
not him, and not trying to argue, but why do you think so? i've never read him but from the sound of it, the challenge isn't worth the reward
>>
>>8747698
And what is "the sound of it", bub?
>>
File: disdain_for_plebs.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
disdain_for_plebs.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
>>8747698
>i've never read him but from the sound of it, the challenge isn't worth the reward
>>
>>8747650

From wikipedia:
Throughout the 1930s he [Joyce] travelled frequently to Switzerland for eye surgeries and for treatments for his daughter Lucia, who, according to the Joyces, suffered from schizophrenia. Lucia was analysed by Carl Jung at the time, who after reading Ulysses is said to have concluded that her father had schizophrenia
>>
>>8747746
>who after reading Ulysses is said to have concluded that her father had schizophrenia

Jung was such a stupid hack
>>
>>8747656
>Being a massively pretentious faggot is the only way not to squander genius.
This
>>
>>8747650
He didn't. He wrote two of the greatest books in the history of literature (Ulysses and Dubliners), hardly squandered
>>
>>8747650
>>8747711
>>8747818

Man, I was really getting nervous that 4chan was getting smart. phew. Now I'm still the smartest motherfucker here. I will now quietly exit 4chan, for good this time, and leave you all to continue your putting dicks in strange places shit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.