[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overused clichés

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: jaden.jpg (12KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
jaden.jpg
12KB, 600x300px
>a critique of
>pseudo-
>post-
And especially jargon like that.
>(In academic Humanities): the French borrowing of -ité's and words turned into plurals, like textualities, tenors, rhythms, geographies (when not applied to land forms), pluralities, modernities, sexualities, ...
>verbs like 'mapping', 'traces', all of these offenders stem from the American academic infatuation with structuralism and the clunky translation of it.
>>
>>8745063
And general awkward uses of language.
>>
Lmao this is so autistic...

WHO THE FUCK CARES?
>>
File: 1363786858841.png (115KB, 326x226px) Image search: [Google]
1363786858841.png
115KB, 326x226px
>ceremonial
>space
>speaking truth to power
>ways of knowing
>>
>>8745089
>ways of
That's a massive one.

>ways of being
>hundreds of instances of the word being
>modalities of being
&c.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 502x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 502x334px
>beg to differ
>>
>>8745111
>&c.
>>
>>8745063
Internet speak.
>>
>>8745063
This work of art intends to start a conversation about the relationship between memory and perception, reflecting on the language of narrative and how it addresses the author's introductory speculation on the space where examination intersects with exploration.
>>
>>8745063
place and space
signifier and signified
the work and the text
mimesis and diegesis
bodygovernmentality

all shit.
>>
>>8745831
Fuck off you elitist SJW cuck
>>
>>8745063
Yes, I find such trite drivel rather shallow and pedantic.
>>
>>8747033
wow
>>
I hate how a reading of something is a 'lense' now
Cities are 'urban spaces'
>>
>>8745063

>an exploration of
>"Powerful" (incredibly overused, meaningless word)
>"Narrative" (equally useless word)
>clunky

Millenials also really love question marks in informal communication. They'll put it on statements, give you a single ? or blast you with a whole row ????????
>>
>>8747666
Do you mean "lens?"
>>
>>8747724
it's more polite than what it's short for:
"what the fuck are you talking about?"
>>
File: photo.jpg.png (431KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg.png
431KB, 900x900px
>Allow me to 'unpack' this a little
>>
>>8745063
>as it were
>the way in which
>>
>dichotomy
>fundamental
>vicissitude
>apposite
>problematic
>xir
>>
>>8749312
What if it's a real dichotomy and not just a bullshit one?
>>
File: millenials.jpg (37KB, 534x281px) Image search: [Google]
millenials.jpg
37KB, 534x281px
>>8747724
I feel you.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.