/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will meditation/mindfuflness practise ruin my talent for escapism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1006.jpg (356KB, 1054x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1006.jpg
356KB, 1054x1600px
Will meditation/mindfuflness practise ruin my talent for escapism?
>>
What is it with this board and asking completely ridiculous and worthless questions?
>hey /lit/ so if i do this will this happen
>i dont get this book /lit/ can you hold my hand and explain it to me
>/lit/ i am fully autistic, dyslexic, and probably depressed and want to kill myself, can you find me a book that will magically solve all my problems?

Fuckin hell m8
>>
>>8743808
>talent for escapism
you stupid or what?
>>
>>8743808
>talent for escapism
What?
>>
>>8743808
>talent for escapism

Talent or no, everyone is constantly delving into escapism. That, or struggling for their life in poverty, violence, and tyranny.

Count yourself lucky to be a first-worlder.
>>
>>8743838
>>8743842
Some people are better at retreating into fictional worlds to avoid the real world than others. Meditation is supposedly making you more aware of the here and now which is at odds with that.

I've personally noticed that after meditation sessions my suspension of disbelief doesn't work as well. I'm afraid that this will get worse.

So I want to know if more experienced meditators felt like their ability for delusion has decreased.
>>
>>8743865
Rei Koz wrote about immersion and emmersion.

Immersion, which is escapism.

Emmersion, which is escape

Naturally, our preoccupation is escapism. That is, fleeing from reality.

Our goal should be escape - overstepping, passing over, moving beyond - reality.

What you describe is the beginning of your willingness to free yourself from the world.
>>
>>8743877
How do I emerse?
>>
>>8743896
Dive into life as readily as you would immerse yourself in your imagination.

Meditation in your case sharpens your awareness of reality. Hence why you find it harder to entertain yourself in fantasy.

Use your imagination as a compass instead of a ship.
>>
reminder that there is a good series on meditation
https://www.youtube.com/user/AjahnBrahmRetreats/videos

>>8743865
>>So I want to know if more experienced meditators felt like their ability for delusion has decreased.
your ability does not decrease by meditation
in fact, it enhance the the ability to play with the mind.
You get the displeasure of fantasizes once you reach what they call sotapana, because at this point you know that your deliriums will not make you happy and even worse, you cannot stop them unless you get good at meditation
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.