[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

How do I find books I like if I haven't read much yet but want to?
I know the genres i like but I have no idea about anything else.
here: psychological, science fiction, mystery, thriller, drama

I came from watching anime to manga to visual novels and now I want to go book.

anime I liked: steins;gate, psycho pass, occultic;nine(so far), death note
manga/manwha I liked: tokyo ghoul, eternal sabbath, bastard
visual novels I liked: the infinity and zero escape series,

I don't remember the rest
>>
i know nothing about literature. im not even a psued cause i cant fake it. that being said, Tokyo Ghoul in its entirety is based off Kafka's work, with a lot of emphasis on metamorphosis. Id give that a wack first.
>>
not sure if this is bait, but that "liked" list is underage anime faggot 101. absolute trash.
>>
>>8740228

1. Google "best sf/mystery books" or something and see what's popular and acclaimed
2. Read something that looks interesting and read the amazon preview to see if you can get into it
3. use Goodreads to find similar books

very plebby way i know but desu don't know better for you
>>
You can't go wrong with most popular books by Philip K. Dick and Kurt Vonnegut
>>
I've played the first Zero Escape game and it's a masterpiece. It kind of reminds me of Thomas Pynchon's The Crying of Lot 49 and the one Don DeLillo book I've finished which was Point Omega which I really liked. Point Omega is much more simple than the other book I've mentioned. It also reminds me of Hard-Boiled Wonderland and The End of The World if you're in for good mindfuckery written by an author I recommend: Haruki Murakami.
>>
>>8740293
I'll look your stuff up, thanks.
And yeah I love mindfuckery, psychological and thought-provoking stuff.

>>No.8740270
Oh and if you aren't satisfied yet, here are some more that I watched:
Monster, Mirai Nikki, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Kiseiijuu, Higurashi, Zankyou No Terror, Lain, Jigoku Shoujo, Kaiji, Monogatari series, Code Geass,Ajin,

It gets hard to remember at some point
>>
If you want good mangos OP I suggest Naoki Urosawa's Monster, Yamamoto Hideo's Homunculus and Dorohedoro by Q Hayashida

The only ones I can come up with at the top of my head at the moment
>>
>>8740228
>psychological
The best psychological fiction is Dostoyevsky, but some of his works might be daunting (for their length and how confusing Russian names can be at first). Some of his shorter works would be a good start though, like The Double, The Gambler, or White Nights
>science fiction
I'd say read some of the classic authors like Jules Verne and H.G. Wells
>mystery
Agatha Christie
>drama
I think short stories in general are a good suggestion, but they fit here especially
>>
Thanks everyone.
>>
>>8740228
Im peeping that Ilya Kuvshinov, bitch nigga
>>
>>8740228
holy shit that' entry level anything
>>
>>8740228
Up.
>>
>>8740228
You'd like Haruki Murakami and Ryu Murakami, probably.

You just browse till something catches your eye, really. It's not that difficult.
>>
>>8740390
>The best psychological fiction is Dostoyevsky

It's true.
>>
>>8740228
Who is this cutie 2D lewdy?
>>
You might enjoy Phillip K. Dick or Gibson's Sprawl trilogy

Also, it's the wrong board but you've gotta watch Texhnolyze, based on what other anime you've enjoyed you'll love it
>>
>>8740240
you start reading a book. if you don't like it in the first twenty pages, put it aside and read something else.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.