[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Chekhov

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2153.jpg (690KB, 1163x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2153.jpg
690KB, 1163x1600px
Thoughts on his plays /lit/?
>>
>>8737706
Haven't read him for shit but my latin teacher told us that people say she is the living representation of a Chekhov character.

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>8737808
was she a playwright too?
>>
>>8737817
she is a catholic stoiclike lady
>>
>>8737819
how so?
>>
>>8737829
Is kind of a joke taht we severly respect in class.
She is the onyl techer that manages to mantain the class focused and quiet while we do actual progress and learn stuff but she has no perception of reality. She is so up her own ass because her method is so effective that everyone in her class gets top grades in the University entrance exam that she won't allow nothing to change her views becuase they are obviously right.

Again, we respect her, is just very strange. For example, people aren't allowed to lean back against the class wall when sitting next to it or you are not allowed to ask for a pen to a classmate or you are not allowed to even look anywhere else besides your test when you are doing it. Pretty cray cray but zen at the same time. I think is good for us honestly.
>>
>>8737865
wow interesting. so u heard bout chekhov from her?
>>
>>8737878
Thats another thing, I've heard about Chekhov a couple days before that happened in a Jordan Peterson talk.
This happens to me a lot with her.
One night I went to my grandma's and we ended up spekaing of the past. She told me about her memories of the spanish civil war and how they couldn't even get bread to eat and that her father knew how to count and made sure everyone got their just wages and everyone loved him for it. I just walked back to my house thinking "I would ahve loved to be a teacher in those days, just sitting in the middle of a plaza teaching kids the alphabet and basic math". The next day the latin teachers starts rambling on about something "she does this quite a bit, and it always connects with me somehow) and ends up saying how her grandad was an altruistic teacher in the civil war who taught by charity and risked his life teaching.

Synchronicity, Moiras, whatevs.
>>
>>8737706
The Cherry Orchard is a good play.
It tells how the russian aristocracy couldn't do what they were supposed to and it ruined the country which in turn made possible for a revolution (i.e 1917)
>>
The Swan Song is good
The Seagull is excellent, sometimes very subtle and has a good diversity of characters.
>>
I've read Chekhov's short stories and I love them like the taste of my sperm. Are his plays just as good?
>>
>>8740310
I don't know, I've never tasted your sperm
>>
His plays are actually very simple, every character thinks out loud and seem pretty 'flat'. They always literally say how they feel.
But he's worthy of the praise.
I recommend reading Uncle Vanya.

Also: Chekhov used to say Stanislavski ruined his plays, because he always made everything so tragic and dark, while Chekhov thought of his plays as comedies.
Something to keep in mind while reading imo.

>>8740338
kikkity kek
>>
>>8737808

It means she's trapped in an unfulfilling career wherein she must navigate a thousand miniscule social complexities that are of the utmost importance.
>>
>>8740634

>Chekhov used to say Stanislavski ruined his plays

They worked extensively together, it was Stanislavsky's theater that first put up The Seagull. The disagreed on the emotive force of a lot of Chekov's work, but they never fell out with each other. And yes, the plays are comic, but darkly. Uncle Vanya is particularly bleak.
>>
>>8740634
>>8740678

To add: the apparent flatness is deceptive. Chekov is one of the initiators of modern drama. Subtext is 95% of the content, and the real drama is what is implied, not what is shown.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.