[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

conspiracy general. for discussion of literature relating to the epistemology of conspiracy, how it relates to the mystery genre, actual conspiratorial events, etc. etc.

pic related is a book about lee harvey written and published BEFORE jfk's assassination.
>>
>>8737547
Conspiracy theories are the myths of the modern era. Ancient peoples created myth as a tool to navigate a world of incomprehensible natural phenomena. Modern man makes conspiracy theories as a tool to navigate a world of incomprehensible power struggles and Russian doll nestled Simulacra. Myths express complex truths in a simple way. David Icke's reptilian theory is fundamentally true. The masters of this world don't give a shit about you or humans for that matter. Their power is actually based on human sacrifice, it usually takes the shape of war rather than quaint satanic rituals, but it's exactly the same basic procedure. Power through death.
>>
>>8737633
This. Speaking of satanic rituals, I think this also applies well to the conspiracies asserting politicians engage in satantic acts of pedophilia. The truth is some people simply want to fuck kids, sometimes in a ritualistic manner simply for the novelty or group initiation (purely material and psychological). Some folks can't handle this and have to view these people as literal demon or demon worshipers in order to explain the inhuman behavior.

For the record, we must be careful to not overly apply this analysis to every theory as a means of dismissal. It's far too easy to say people accept JFK or 9/11 conspiracies solely because the events are too traumatic to accept at face value ("You're telling me one lone guy managed to assassinate the most powerful man on the planet? Nope, not possible" etc.). That is certainly the case for some believers, but others do approach the field from a researcher's perspective, and not an emotional one.
>>
>>8737633
i like this, but think it's more interesting. conspiracy as defined as not true is basically like you've said, modern myth. but their not all unreal. in a world moving lightening fast, what's the appropriate heuristic to apply to conspiracy theories, or should each be taken individually
>>
>>8738007
The power of postironic mythology is quite underrated. I think /pol/tards are actually into something with their meme magic shit. That they squander it in an elaborate expression of their psychosexual hangups is another issue entirely. I'm sure Higher up Media people understand at least in part that narratives can change the world more than they can help one understand the world. They don't 'believe' in narratives they 'use' them. You gotta understand words and images as spells and reality warping rites, rather than as impartial relayers of information. That's why it's important to not take almost anything seriously
>>
File: 1478644918370.jpg (56KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1478644918370.jpg
56KB, 500x484px
>>8738081
completely agree. best to approach everything under the assumption it's sarcastic.
>>
>>8738081
Chaos wizard?
>>
>>8738111
Now that I think of it with the thornly book and that post you are definitely a chaos wizard
>>
File: 1478468165997.jpg (178KB, 750x864px) Image search: [Google]
1478468165997.jpg
178KB, 750x864px
>>8738115
>>8738111
what is a chaos wizard
>>
File: 1479468886779.jpg (7KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1479468886779.jpg
7KB, 320x180px
>>8738122
>what is a chaos wizard
>>
>>8738122
Nerd name for an enlightened person who can remain detached from the thought forms he manipulates and their effects
>>
>>8738720
They're failed white wizards, they don't get the full picture or are still confused about higher realms, their allegiance is mostly to themselves
>>
>>8737547
Has anyone read this book? How does Thornley describe the Oswald character and his motivations?
>>
>>8739092
Yes I have. He falls in love with some girl and does something that would get him in trouble so he just dips. He has no ideological attachment to America because the reality that they are doing nobody a favor by being paid to sit around and be drunk. It was written after Oswald defected but before the assassination so it doesn't really feel like an adequate explanation. Also I read it some time ago so I don't recall very well. If you go to a school in the us with interlibrary loan you should be able to get it.
>>
>>8738122
Have you read Principia Discordia? It is by the same author. Anyway it is a system of magical thinking that relies on the idea that ideology must be used as a tool.
>>
File: magicians-us-500px.jpg (70KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
magicians-us-500px.jpg
70KB, 329x500px
Has anyone read this? What do you think?

I don't buy his thesis but it was still a pretty interesting read, if nothing else he leveled an interesting criticism of the geological / archaeological establishment getting a bit orthodox.
>>
>>8738725
>Believing in magic full time
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.