[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Received my first rejection letter today

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1472018174794.gif (4MB, 414x287px) Image search: [Google]
1472018174794.gif
4MB, 414x287px
>Received my first rejection letter today
>>
>still better than 90% of /lit/
keep fighting, my nigger.
a single rejection is nuffin.
>>
What did it say
>>
>>8737175
It seemed pretty boilerplate. Mostly just an apology for taking a pass and that plenty of bestsellers have been rejected before. I suppose it could have been worse.
>>
>>8737096
b-b-but how they could reject me? I'm a fucking genius, they should feel honored that I even sent them an email. HOW COULD THEY REJECT ME? MEE?? do they know who I AM? I'm fucking SMARTER than all of you, I'm the FUCKING SMARTEST PERSON on this god damn earth. I'm a fucking GOD.

That's how I felt until last year. Oh boy, did it suck to do anything. Being able to control my ego saved my life.
>>
>>8737208
What if I have a big ego but no confidence?
>>
>>8737212
that's how it is 90% of the time. huge ego and no self confidence. it's a vicious circle and they encourage each other.
>>
>>8737208
I also felt exactly the same; I had a big ego and it almost destroyed my life till I learned to control it.
An unhealthy ego can be one of the most counter-productive things ever.
More power to you for learning to control it! :)

>>8737212
Self-confidence is much more important than an ego.
An unhealthy ego can destroy you because you start to look down on everything as being too easy for you, till you one day come across something you haven't prepared for because you thought it was too easy.
An unhealthy ego also makes you quite lazy, because, as I mentioned earlier, you don't work as hard because you think everything is beneath you.
>>
>>8737096
Why did you post a sad .gif? You got your cherry popped. You should celebrate!

Also, what are you doing to self-promote?

>people still think self-publishing isn't a great way to get big publishers to notice you

http://www.ew.com/article/2014/11/05/andy-weir-the-martian-author
>>
>>8737096
Well, post it you butter-heart, let us see it.
>>
>>8737282
>Why did you post a sad .gif?
I like to imagine it's DFW the musical.
>>
File: IMG_1312.png (55KB, 554x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1312.png
55KB, 554x400px
>>8737096
What's your story about?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.