[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can Americans even compete?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: americanbrainlets.png (437KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
americanbrainlets.png
437KB, 1200x1000px
Was it even a competition?

Seriously, name me one absolute essential piece of American lit I should read that will live up to the Russians. Go ahead, i'm waiting.

There is nothing that comes close to the phenomenal and incredibly profound works of Dostoevsky and Tolstoy.
>>
>>8737058
Nabokov was born in dubs and died in dubs.
Wow.
>>
These men, in my Rodina, they are nothing.
>>
>>8737058
Moby Dick, Blood Meridian and Gravity's Rainbow are better than all Tolstoy and most Dosto btw
>>
>>8737058
Catcher in the rye, you pleb
>>
>>8737061
>J.
>U.
>S.
>T.
>>
Moby Dick is pretty much the one. Nothing American I know of can compete with it.

That being said you're pretty obviously some stupid frogposter that doesn't read and will claim it's shit because le ebin troll.
>>
>>8737066
>Blood Meridian
opinion discarded
>>
>>8737058
gaddis, of course. The Recognitions.
>>
>>8737058
Oh good, country vs country threads are starting to invade /lit/
>>
>>8737075
>slavish submission to shitposting
opinion discarded
>>
>>8737097
Blood Meridian is not even close to being as good as Tolstoy and you know it.
>>
>>8737069
Going by place of death Switzerland has to be the most patrician place on earth, desu. I will die there as well.
>>
>>8737143
Found the pseud
>>
File: IMG_0378.png (72KB, 220x234px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0378.png
72KB, 220x234px
>>8737109

Tolstoy is "Beautiful: well-formed and aesthetically pleasing."

Blood Meridian is "Sublime: has the power to compel and destroy us."

I bet you also dislike Shelley and Melville, isn't that right you slutty little boy
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.