[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ulysses

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0281.jpg (18KB, 220x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0281.jpg
18KB, 220x281px
Why are the majority of people that like this book pseudo intellectuals?
>>
>>8736457
Because they haven't read it.
>>
Lightweight intellectuals, heard it today.
People like you.
I only read a bit over 2/3s...
I think I missed one of the most important bits but also skipped one of the lamest bits, probably. I'll probably finish it one day.

James Joyce is like the lotr books, a journey.
I've heard that the other book is "better", with some of the same characters.
>>
>BLOOM: (Desperately.) Wait. Stop. Gulls. Good heart. I saw. Innocence.
Girl in the monkeyhouse. Zoo. Lewd chimpanzee. (Breathlessly.) Pelvic
basin. Her artless blush unmanned me. (Overcome with emotion.)

w-what did he mean by this
>>
File: James-Joyce.jpg (35KB, 468x500px) Image search: [Google]
James-Joyce.jpg
35KB, 468x500px
Nearly everyone on this board starts Ulysses as a meme. They've heard it's long and complicated and lewd and about cucking, and that it's part of the "code" of being a successful /lit/izen, so they try to tackle it.

Then they realize it's actually incredibly hard and doing a lot of weird things, so they give up, and just read the Wikipedia article.

I've actually been reading Ulysses for months now as part of a class in graduate school. It really is as fantastic as /lit/ says it is, but they couldn't tell you why to save their lives.
>>
>>8738209
I think its telling me to find a good monkey h NOW
>>
>>8736457
>be edgy pseudointellectual
>want to prove intelligence to self
>google "hardest book to read"
>discover ulysses
>purchase ulysses
>read first half of ulysses
>hardly understand any of it
>give up on second half
>go around telling people who couldn't give a shit that you've read the worlds hardest book and that therefore you're a genius in every respect
>>
>>8738259
Which is funny because Finnegans Wake is orders of magnitude harder to read.
>>
File: 1473811398523.jpg (64KB, 810x611px) Image search: [Google]
1473811398523.jpg
64KB, 810x611px
>>8736457
Because the majority of people who like any book are pseudo intellectuals
>>
File: ssfdsdfa.png (32KB, 918x359px) Image search: [Google]
ssfdsdfa.png
32KB, 918x359px
>>8738370
There's plenty of faggots that do the same with Finnegans Wake, see pic related
>>
>>8738259
>be edgy pseudointellectual
>want to prove intelligence to self
>google "hardest book to read"
>discover ulysses
>purchase ulysses
>read first half of ulysses
>hardly understand any of it
>give up on second half
>go around telling people the book is shit and only pseudo-intellectuals like it
>>
The only pseudo-intellectual is the person who calls others pseudo-intellectuals because he doesn't personally like something.
>>
>>8739001
>hardest book
>not Finnegan's Wake
>>
>>8738209
cum in pussy
>>
File: 1477949769157.jpg (44KB, 1282x723px) Image search: [Google]
1477949769157.jpg
44KB, 1282x723px
>>8738217
>It really is as fantastic as /lit/ says it is, but they couldn't tell you why to save their lives.

I feel like you should be able to express yourself. This feels like a cop out.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.