[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What version do I buy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_14.png (231KB, 628x457px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_14.png
231KB, 628x457px
What version do I buy?
>>
The blueprint cover.
>>
Get the meme one
>>
>>8733301
What's the meme one? I'm trying to get into reading and mostly use /co/.
>>
>>8733271
get the second from the left, its the best, the others are abridged and have errors
>>
I own the paperback published in 2012 and I'm very happy with it. Nice design fits the style and themes of the writing, high quality paper, nice and hefty, has folded flaps on the front and back cover that you can use as bookmarks, etc. Can't comment on any of the other editions but that one is pretty nice
>>
>>8733271

1est ed 1st print
>>
>>8733271
no one else in this thread knows what they're talking about. get the 2013 (rainbow rockets) or the 1995 (blueprint), they have the least amount of errors. The splatter paint one is riddle with errors and shit printing, and the where's waldo one has errors too (and the cover is retarded). Personally, I like the blueprint one because penguin modern classics covers are aesthetic as fuck.
>>
I own the second one. Its a fat brick thats cumbersome to read
>>
A quick Google search suggests that the Penguin versions aren't to be trusted. So, the second book is what you should get.
>>
>>8733271
Don't be autistic, the cheapest one.
>>
>>8733604

>The splatter paint one is riddle with errors and shit printing

Why is this a meme? It's literally one sentence missing and you can easily find which one on the internet. Also, later printings fixed this, that was just an error in the first one.
>>
>>8733604
>>8733634

The Penguin Deluxe edition fixed the errors in newer printings. Because you can't do the "your task is to pens" check online, it's best to stay on the safe side and get Vintage or the older Penguin Classics one.
>>
>>8733316

>I'm trying to get into reading
>Gravity's Rainbow

At least start with V. or TCoL49, there's good reason lit jerks off to it. Same as Ulysses, GR will punish you page after page if you have no clue what you're getting into. I try reading it every 2 years and still can't get past the 100-150 page mark and I consider myself at the very least a moderately disciplined and attentive reader, it still intimidates me. Attempting to tackle works like this as a beginner may, at best, frustrate and bore you, and at worst, disenchant you with literature altogether.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.