[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I into scepticism?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: avian sceptic.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
avian sceptic.gif
999KB, 250x251px
How do I into scepticism?
>>
Start
with
the
Greeks
>>
>>8733212
Whichs works?
>>
>>8733209
/lit/ is just a demon trying to deceive you, do not believe their lies
>>
>>8733215
all of them, you need historical context.
>>
>>8733209
I'm not sure.
>>
>>8733419
10/10
>>
>>8733209
Pyrrhonian is the way to go. They proposed a suspension of judgement in matters of which two arguments are equally viable (epoche). Look up the Pyrrohonian modes if you've got a little background in philosophy. They outline the reasons for such thinking.

Contrast with Academic Scepticism which was just a gang of people in a feud with Stoicism.
>>
simply try to look how your mind built your current worldvision, be aware that a different one could have been built out of the same experiences, and automatiaclly your mind will be aware of the lack of universal fundament of any of its creations. which wont be a problem cause at the same time youll see that they give you a ground for action, which is what counts.
>>
>>8733892
Just because multiple worldvisions come out from similar experiences doesn't mean they're all equally valid or unvalid, they can come out of correct thought processes or incorrect ones

Also, skepticism is a worldvision as well
>>
>>8733892
>be aware that a different one could have been built out of the same experiences,
science says no
>>
>>8733209
True scepticism leads directly to nihilism. I'd recommend God instead, unless you want to end up a drug addicted, alcoholic degenerate, in a ditch some where.
>>
look at everything and ask yourself "cui bono?"

once you realise that nobody gets out of bed in the morning without an earnest desire to rip someone else off, a lot of peoples' behavior suddenly makes sense.

ask yourself what i'm getting out of telling you this, for example.
>>
>>8733209
insist that "you can't know anything" whenever the opportunity presents itself
>>
>>8733209
Start being a perspectivist.
>>
>>8736116
This whole ideology that belief will somehow magically fix your life, including your drug issues, your impulsive behavior, emotional problems, and so on, is interesting in two ways; 1. it is patently false, and easy to demonstrate as being false, as all it takes is one example of a religious person who elicits these behaviors; 2. it somehow becomes ingrained into the mindset of so many religious people, to the point that they may have people in their own family, who believe in the same God they do, follow the same traditions, come from the same denomination, who behave in this way, and they will still adamantly believe in and spread this propaganda, and allow it to shape their life. This is part of a broader issue, including but not limited to the self help craze in America. This kind of thing works especially in America, as Americans tend toward the path of least resistance, especially in terms of weight loss, but also in philosophical and political terms. And while this ideal may, especially in your case, be formed in opposition to hedonism, it always reverts to hedonism, as it always fails. The simple solution to all your problems, as it were, whether it be God, political movements, social justice, the new diet pill, and so on, never ends up fixing these problems, as they are rooted in the person; they will live essentially in ignorance of their problems, believing they are "solved". And so when the symptoms show up, they will blame it not on the internal but on the external. Each of us will be to blame. Do you know that infamous video, it was being shared around a few years ago, in which a group of irritable young activists, hair dye and all, pulled the fire alarm at a MRA conference, and then proceed to screech at them, demanding that they take their point of view, blaming them for their problems, so on? This is what you are actively instilling in people
>>
>>8733219
interesting thought.
>>
>>8736293
A+ post.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.