[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Redpill me on why writing is so hard. I should be able to sit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1478917435368.png (768KB, 1280x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1478917435368.png
768KB, 1280x1172px
Redpill me on why writing is so hard. I should be able to sit here and write for twelve hours straight thanks to my pseudo-autism powers. Instead, I have to stop every half hour to do something else or I go crazy.

Is anyone else like this or am I suffering from a slight retardation?
>>
>>8733130
>Is anyone else like this or am I suffering from a slight retardation?

Well you're a frog poster so I'll leave you to figure that out
>>
>>8733130
You're not alone
>>
>>8733134
Our president was elected with frog magic so I resent that
>>
>>8733130
nope its literally only you. Last weekend i sat down and banged out my magnum opus called What The Fuck Is Wrong With You Lad Have You No Common Sense Whatsoever. In the works is the sequel What In Gods Name Did You Hope To Accomplish With This Thread
>>
>>8733145
Yeah he's never had the attention span to write a book either so there you go
>>
Due to the nature of the posts here accelerating my heart rate, I'm afraid I must abandon this thread
>>
I agree op. Lot's of shitposting commenters tonight.
>>
>>8733176
What kind of legitimate response does a post like this merit? Do tell
>>
>>8733146
I'll buy the original manuscript from you. Do you take bitcoins?
>>
>>8733130
Depends on my mood, I find. Sometimes I can just sit and type for hours. I don't know about 12 hours straight, but I've written about 77,000 words within 5 days before. Other times, yeah, I write for a bit until I don't quite know which direction to go next, then I do some gaming, get something to eat, watch some Youtube vids, or something like that. Maybe you just haven't found the right book subject that truly captivates you, OP.
>>
>>8733272
This guy is spot on. Also, you aren't a professional writer. There aren't any deadlines. There's no reason why you can't mess around with free writing, bounce between projects, etc. You just have to find an idea that gets you really excited and remind yourself what that kernel of an idea could be.
>>
I write like once every two months or so but I never had writer's block and I honestly don't understand how that's possible

Just start writing what comes to your head and what follows is pretty much automatic
>>
>>8733176
I'd bet my left nut /pol/ has had a containment breach with the recent election and is leaking radioactive shitposters.
>>
>>8733283
Feels so damn good when you've got a story idea and get on a writing spree. There's been mornings when I've gotten up, got myself a cup of coffee, booted up the laptop, and picked up where I left off the day before. Every now and then I might have a writing-free day, but those days where the ideas are steadily flowing and you just let the hundreds or thousands of words just spew out of you... it feels like purpose... and purpose feels goooooood.
>>
Writing is only hard to those who have yet to surpass the threashold which is inherent in all amateur "aspiring" writers. I myself am close to completing a 650k word six-part debut memoir and for weeks now, nay months, I have written for at least eight hours each day, and spend the remaining hours editing and reading through both my work and works that may perhaps be considered equal to it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.