[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the most beautiful book ever written about romance?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

File: oe46.png (222KB, 540x399px) Image search: [Google]
oe46.png
222KB, 540x399px
What's the most beautiful book ever written about romance?
>>
>>8731458
>Pedro and Allison.jpg

Anna Karenina, Romeo & Juliet, Jane Eyre's novels, the Bronte sisters, etc.
>>
>>8731504
Minus Wurthering heights
>>
>>8731458
White nights by The Dostofeelsky.
>>
Il fuoco
>>
>>8731541
>Doctorfeelsky

The Idiot is quite nice too, and dare I mention C&P.
Not Karamazov of course; its eros is twisted and ugly. The storge is a mess too, and the philadelphia is complicated. The agape is top notch, though
>>
Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, Anne Radcliffe's the Mystery of Udolpho, Victor Hugo's Les Miserables, & Bronte's Jane Eyre.
>>
Middlemarch

>tfw I am Casaubon tho
>>
>>8731650
C&P is not a "beautiful romance" though. Is more like the story of a punished man who falls beyond the point of no return and has to be redeemed by this motherly figure.
It's an amazing book, there's nothing to argue on that, but far from a "beautiful romance" that OP is looking for.
Well, white nights isn't a romance either. I just wanted to make OP to fall for it and feel absolutely devastated with the ending. Sometimes I think that book could easily push to suicide half of /r9k/ population.
>>
the sound of waves
lolita
>>
Lolita
>>
>>8731541
This. Best thing Dusty ever made IMO.
>>
certainly not my diary desu
>>
>>8731458
>obsessed with love as a concept
>95% of every content made about love (books, songs, movies) is total crap
>can't fall in love because I know it will never be perfect
>I always end my relationships after 1 week
>>
>>8731977
Infatuation and love are two different concepts.
Love requires effort and time. It's not something that just comes magically.
>>
>>8731766
This Ronically.
>>
>>8731977
read some Badiou
>>
>>8731458
The Story of the Eye
>>
I dont know anything about this show and im triggered. Its simultaniously doing interracial while objectifying a girl. What a weird agenda.
>>
Jane Eyre
>>
File: 896-edward-ii.jpg (220KB, 1200x785px) Image search: [Google]
896-edward-ii.jpg
220KB, 1200x785px
Marlowe's Edward II.
>>
>>8731458
not specifically about romance, but the romance sub-plot in mrs dalloway was extremely powerful. i've never seen anyone describe what it's like to re-encounter someone you love after such a long time apart with such accuracy. the ending is seriously one of my favourite endings to any novel ever, to be honest
>>
>>8731504

> Romeo & Juliet

Pretty shit tbqhwyf
>>
>>8731977
>my relationships

Leave normie
>>
Craig Thompson - Blankets
>>
>>8732229
>objectifying a girl
How so?
>>
>>8732939
Nah, it's good.
>>
>>8731766
unironically, this is a correct answer
>>
File: oyvey.jpg (18KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.jpg
18KB, 480x360px
>>8731458
My diarrhea
>>
>>8731458
you want beautiful or realistic?
if it's the later, Ethan Frome.
>>
>>8732229
it doesn't objectify her, fuck you!
and are spics and fairy Caucasian princesses getting together so bad? no, no they are not.
>>
>>8731510
I found it beautiful, anon. What did you not like?
>>
>>8731658
That blows. Being Lydgate would suck more though, I despised that bitch.
At least Casaubon had a waifu.
>>
>>8732189
lol
>>
>>8731719
I second The Sound of Waves. I wish I had a story like that. They were so pure.

>>8731964
Same
>>
>>8734149
>At least Casaubon had a waifu

Well, for a while he did anyway
>>
>>8734182
I meant to say nice waifu, sorry.
>>
>>8731458
Ulysses.
>>
>>8731458
I wish there was more R34 about older versions of her cause I'm not into loli
>>
>>8734151
>he thinks I was joking
>>
>>8731458
love in the time of cholera
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.