[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

dis nigga ain't happy, don't care what no camel say

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: 1474515714564.jpg (2MB, 1760x1812px) Image search: [Google]
1474515714564.jpg
2MB, 1760x1812px
dis nigga ain't happy, don't care what no camel say
>>
>>8729897
Camus is full of shit, this isn't news
>>
>>8729897
>>8729918

>missing the point this hard

it's irrelevant whether Sisyphus is actually happy or not, camus is saying that *we* should *imagine* him happy regardless
>>
>>8729942
"Be a cuck"
-Albert Camus
>>
>>8729942

Dude he's rolling a rock for eternity. He'd be bored. Does he get to take breaks?
>>
>>8729942
So lying to ourselves? How is that better than religion?
>>
>>8729942
WE MUST *TRY* TO GO TO THE MOVIES
>>
>>8729957
Only when Orpheus visits
>>
When I first had the Myth of Sisyphus explained to me I wasn't really paying attention to the speaker.
I just imagined that since Sisyphus was such a cheeky little shit that he would fool himself into thinking that rolling the rock up a hill was something he was satisfied with, thus cucking the gods one last by enjoying his suposed punishment.
>>
>>8729967

>So, lying to ourselves

We don't know whether Sisyphus is happy, and we don't know whether he is unhappy. To imagine is not to claim knowledge, so it isn't lying to ourselves.

I have always interpreted it as "in order to find meaning in our own absurd lives we must imagine that sisyphus did when presented with the absurdity of his own life"
>>
>>8729897
>>8729918
>>8729945
>>8729957
>>8729967
>>8729977
Why do we have these "I have a fundamental misunderstanding of absurdism therefore it's shit" threads every fucking week.
There is no Sisyphus. There is no stone.
It's just a fucking metaphor.
Happiness and purpose must come from within you because it will never be found outside of you. no matter what you're doing its the equivalent to pushing a stone up a hill, you have to find a reason to smile against that absurdity.
The stone is not the purpose, the hill is the purpose. the stone is existence. there is no escaping it. You are always pushing a stone.
Defeating the metaphor does not defeat the logic because it's a fucking metaphor.

Sisyphus is you.
The stone is the absurdity of existence, there's not letting it go.
The hill is purpose, every movement is uphill and you will never make it.
Those are the rules of a game we never asked to play, push or be crushed.
>>
>>8730821
well said anon
>>
>>8729897
lmao that niggas got a triangle dick.
>>
>>8730821
No?

Why would Camus write about this if it wasn't directly talking about Sisyphus. You're over thinking it dude.
>>
File: sisyphus1.jpg (150KB, 630x651px) Image search: [Google]
sisyphus1.jpg
150KB, 630x651px
>>8729897
t. dyel beta manlet

I mean, just look at these sculpted gains. Probably gets mired hard by other souls in Hades.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.