[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A formless and dull mass of phony folklore, a cold pudding of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg (103KB, 392x574px) Image search: [Google]
Gravitys_rainbow_cover.jpg
103KB, 392x574px
A formless and dull mass of phony folklore, a cold pudding of a book. Conventional and drab, redeemed from utter insipidity only by infrequent snatches of heavenly intonations. Detest it. A cancerous growth of fancy word-tissue hardly redeems the dreadful joviality of the folklore and the easy, too easy, allegory. Indifferent to it, as to all regional literature written in dialect. A tragic failure and a frightful bore.
>>
That's what he said about FW right?
>>
>>8728311
It was also bawdy, vulgar, and occasionally hilarious.
>>
>>8728322
Nabokov on Finnegans wake I think (if not that, ulysses)
>>
>>8728420
Why didn't you just say yes? Are you an aardvark?
>>
>>8728311
Congratulations on your formation of an opinion and your extensive use of the declarative.
>>
Why does Nabokov hate fucking everything?

http://wmjas.wikidot.com/nabokov-s-recommendations
>>
>>8728559
He hated himself because he was only capable of writing about effeminate European scholars with some manner of sexual deviancy
>>
>>8728432
I thought you might have been referring to what Pynchon said about Foster Wallace tbqhfamalamadingdong
>>
>>8728559
Because if you can intelligently, assuredly, poetically hate on many things it makes your fans and plebs think you are special and if you criticize all the greatest works in history, it must mean your work is much better than them, so great PR move, and are you not aware how bullies feel better about themselves by bullying?
>>
File: muppets3.jpg (18KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
muppets3.jpg
18KB, 600x450px
>>8728601
What did Ruggles have to say about DFW?
>>
>>8728311
>A cancerous growth of fancy word-tissue hardly redeems the dreadful joviality of the folklore and the easy, too easy, allegory.
Kek'd, that's how I would describe Nabokov's writings.
>>
>>8728559
How can one man be so right?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.